[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.33 Sept 2020

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby gohamstergo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:01 am

foxitrot wrote:
gohamstergo wrote:Also if possible, highlight landmark types (separate from generic highlight toggle) so that even when zoomed out, small landmark will still show. For example, parking lots. Small ones only show when zoomed in, making them hard to find. If it would highlight when zoomed out, would make it much easier.

A rule of thumb: the script is only capable of highlighting that, what is already visible in the editor. Thus after zooming out too far, when a landmark disappears...

ah, noted. wasn't sure how it functioned underneath... if the info was there, just not shown in the interface, or what. ;)
gohamstergo

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm

cool, always glad to see updates.
gohamstergo

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.2 Apr 201

Postby gohamstergo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Timbones wrote:What if I were to highlight only soft U-turns? Or at least differentiate them from hard U-turns? (Accepting above comments about all or none locked)

Personally, I think that would be nice. That way nobody would 'accidently' JNF spam an area with hard-uturns
Side question: Have you heard of the "[enhanced]" version of your script? What exactly does it mean by "show all bad junctions?" What would your script not normally show?
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think I've asked for this before too. :) I'd love to see both a "conflict" checker (which is pretty advanced as the code must figure out if two segments overlap: not a trivial matter to code), and a level display: where each level is a color of the rainbow and I can scan for overlapping same colors.

you may already know about it, but there is a script that shows levels, but it does conflict with this script.
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 am

huckd wrote:Thanks for this link gohamstergo! I was not aware of it and have found several level errors in my little editable area. Gave ya a thumbs up.

No problemo :) I made a point to search "WME" and "Waze" on userscripts to find any script I could a little while after I started editing.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:One of these scripts for levels needs to be incorporated into WMECH.

Ya, that would be nice and handy if that was added.
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:04 pm

huckd wrote:I think this script and link should be added to this WIKI page.

Done. Added a basic heading for it. If someone wants to make a more detailed description, or change its position, feel free.
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:46 pm

iknietjij wrote:Looks like TamperMonkey allows both my scripts to run just fine, without having to go through the crx stuff.. And since it seems it's fixed in Chrome 28 or 29, I doubt it's worth too much bother: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=242890

is there a link to your script version that i missed?
gohamstergo

Postby gohamstergo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:51 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Geometry mode wipe can be done with a simple bookmarklet too. I can send it to you.

I don't mean to thread-jack, but while we're on the subject of bookmarklets. I remember reading somewhere about one that can simplify shapes, like those uber complex landmarks. Can't seem to find that thread again... remember where that was, alan?
gohamstergo

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.25 May 2018

Postby goldenvocals » Mon May 27, 2019 11:02 pm

I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I downloaded and installed the color highlights. Even though the extension is enabled, it's greyed out on the tool bar. I saw people complaining on the store that this extension has not worked since 2017. It's at least a year or more later, at this point, so I guess it's not going to get fixed? I will try the script to see if that works. Thanks for your time.
goldenvocals

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.1 Nov 2015

Postby GooberKing » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:58 am

I've seen Rising_Sun's issue as well. Basically, if you select a segment, then try to select a different segment, it will deselect the first segment, but not select the second one. You have to click a second time to actually select the other segment.

I've also noticed an issue with Color Highlights in Firefox where it prevents the House Number frame from showing up. If I disable the script, clicking Edit House Numbers works fine. This issue does not seem to happen in Chrome...
GooberKing
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts