Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Thortok2000 wrote:Will do.

Do they still get your message though? If I send a "We don't map toll booths" and then immediately hit "not identified" do they get that message or do they just get the not identified part?

I'd also like to offer my opinions for the discussion on landmarks but it seems that thread is locked. -.-
In theory they will get both. When you hit send you will notice that the text box is grayed out temporarily. Once it ungrays it should update to show the comment you sent. At that point, your comment has been sent/added to the queue. You should be safe to close.

Having said that, the delivery of comments has been iffy throughout testing, with some major problems just in the last week. The most common problem has been they have received the email notification, but not the app notification. Now that comments are available in the editor, user can at least reply via editor where during beta they had to use the app to reply.

Also from beta, several hours can pass between when you submit a comment and when the user receives it.

Just some things to keep in mind.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
haraop wrote:I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I already read all the wiki post, and I can't understand one thing yet. If I want to block a road only to Sundays from 5 AM to 1 PM (due to closed area for jogging), I just need to mark "Sunday" and the time? I don't need to place anything else?
Set it so only Sunday is checked.
Then set from 05:00 to 13:00.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Try installing the UR Overview script. Its got all sorts of rules you can set up to hide various UR's based on their status.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
It shows the editor's name in the email, but they have to be paying attention to see it.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
I am a little confused by the etiquette you are proposing to follow. Is it not better for the UR reporter to get a comment about a UR he reported from anyone requesting more info of the UR they reported. I do this when I go outside my "managed" area. I do not consider I "own" that UR, but I do think you get more helpful and relative info the quicker a request for more info is made. If I respond to a UR for more information within the first day I usually get a response with more relative info. As the days pass from the UR date you get fewer and fewer responses or responses that aren't helpful (ie, I can't remember). Now just because my name is on there do I consider I own it. No I do not. I would hope other editors (this is where we might need to better educate new editors) would leave it open for the 7 days to wait for the response. Now also, if another sees the error, knows what the error is, and can fix the error then so be it. You are not going to "hurt" my feelings if they come along and solve the problem. I have started to let some local editors know that just because my name is on the top of the list, if they can solve it, solve it, and close it.

If Area Managers are coming along and seeing 1 comment and assuming that someone else is assuming the responsibility for the issue, are they really doing their job. if the Area Manager can solve it, then solve it. I understand the abuse that can go along with this, but, can we really solve the issue of someone wanting to close out 100 UR's for the points before the actual act. If you lock down UR's (another discussion) then aren't you in somewhat way limiting problems getting solved?

I truly believe that anyone writing a standard or well crafted request for more info as soon as possible on a UR makes for the best possible scenario to get a correct answer. As a general rule, I could care less if someone else posts a request for more info on a UR in my area. As long as they abide by the guidelines of allowing 7 days before closing for a response. If they truly know what the problem is and know they can solve it, two minutes after I post a comment for more info, then so be it.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Not just AMs: when I come upon a UR that has a comment from another editor requesting info from the reporter, and I think I know the answer, I will add a comment for the benefit of the original editor. I've done that a few times recently.
I think that is all well and good. I guess what I am asking, is if you know you have the solution do you still feel it isn't your place to fix it and close the UR before the 7 day period is over because you weren't the original requester or isn't your area managed. Some nav errors are as simple as a restricted turn, that when the original UR requester responds (ie couldn't turn left from A St to B St) anybody could fix it. But, current etiquette would require me to not close the UR until after 7 days. That was why I said in my original post that if someone with almost 100% certainty (ie someone I trust) can solve it, I would have no problem with them closing a UR I made a original request.

Not that you get points for comments, but I see no downside from some newbie editor coming through an area and writing either a standard or well written comment for more info on a UR. The first comment is what gets the ball rolling. The real issue is getting someone to show enough discipline to wait the 7 days to close the UR. This is getting a little better since conversations have gone live in the production editor though.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by hebermc
I had to clear cookies for the "Add restrictions" be displayed.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by houstonmg
The restriction control work fine, but i have a problem whit the UR charge in the map, is very slow.
BR
MG
houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.

Post by jasonh300
How do we handle users with driven area permissions that allow them to start conversations in URs but have no ability to edit anything on major roads in the area because their level is too low, and therefore no hope of being able to solve anything?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
elle-emme wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:How do we handle users with driven area permissions that allow them to start conversations in URs but have no ability to edit anything on major roads in the area because their level is too low, and therefore no hope of being able to solve anything?
Perhaps it wasn't your intention, but what I got from that statement is "what good are these useless low-ranked editors? All they can do is ask questions and then not be able to fix anything!"

Which, as a low-ranked editor, is rather offensive :|
That was exactly my intention. If you ask a question, you're misrepresenting yourself as being able to potentially fix the problem. The low ranked editors are forbidden to edit certain areas and should also be forbidden to be involved in conversations that they can't hope to solve.

In the case here, the lower ranked editors have their own assigned areas where they have full permissions, and have ignored warnings to leave the URs alone that they can't solve that are outside of their area.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message