Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Change in editing points

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Magoblack2 wrote:I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)

I think it happens already, that's why I also think that the editable area should grow with the editor level, so there are tangible differences between levels not just a locking rank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ

iPhone 5S
iOS 7.1 (Jailbroken with evasion Ofcourse)
iOS Beta Tester

Wiki de México
Foro de México
DavidAbarca
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby DavidAbarca » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:42 am

I think they already gave us the points
Since they already made all the changes in the editing points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ

iPhone 5S
iOS 7.1 (Jailbroken with evasion Ofcourse)
iOS Beta Tester

Wiki de México
Foro de México
DavidAbarca
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:24 pm

shirlig wrote:Up until now, each map edit was credited with 1.5 points.
Moreover, for each 500 edits - users were credited with a 750 point achievement candy, i.e additional 1.5 points per edit.
So overall, each edit was worth 3 points.

Why?
1) It seems to make more sense
2) The multi-time achievement is not consistent with other achievements in the client (all achievements are one-time achievements)
3) This achievement specifically is very buggy and many times users don't get their points for the edits.

Now I'm completely lost and almost feel like dropping all my rank levels and start from scratch. For almost three years I was completely convinced that the editing points were independent of the bonus candies, in the sense of the system counting the edit points (1.5 per edit, 3 per street, whatever), and as soon as they'd reach the 750 points, the bonus would appear on the map. More importantly, I was convinced that when the bonus wasn't captured (e.g. not driving during the weekend), the points would still appear, all together, on monday morning when the weekly top was recalculated. This sentence goes against everything I read two years ago. I never felt lost points (except one rollback where I'm sure the whole data was lost).

Whatever for the points.

But missing the candies on the street makes waze a "simple navigation system". Please also remove every other distraction then - remove the other wazers, the map chat, the private message, the beep, the cats and dogs and whatever else avatar, all that crap. Who cares about a good but funny navigation system. </sarcasm>

Me and my kid want the the candy back. Even if it gives 0 points. Don't take the fun out of waze!
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am

As i said when I was editing like a maniac and driving on Sunday, I'd be getting a bunch on candies. If I didn't drive, I'd be getting the same points on the weekly top rank. Besides delays and other screw ups I never felt like loosing points from the lack of candies, and this was the message we were passing to other users - don't worry you always get the points no matter the candies, this Monday or next in case of delays.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:42 pm

This is unfair. Only some countries are getting reimbursed. Where are my points???? ;) Oh right I shouldn't care about points anymore
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dbraughlr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:55 pm

linus71 wrote:Many young editors, make mistakes so trivial, which I think some of them don't use Waze while driving

I agree that an editor should have to rack up some minimum number of miles before being promoted in rank and least some miles periodically to understand how the app works in the real world. Of course, I also favor an on-line quiz to certify for each editor rank.

I think that the "bonus" candy for editing is a psychological matter. I believe it is not an incentive to become a good editor or to drive more. Almost any system of rewards has unintended consequences.

I think that the candy could be awarded every 5 miles driven after every 100 edits made and give 0 points. That would solve any bugs and handsomely reward those who like candy. Other editors would shut off the candy and lose nothing.
ImageImageѬ
dbraughlr

Postby dbraughlr » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:34 am

krikketdoug wrote:I'm asking in context of this post

There is no Illinois server in any context.
ImageImageѬ
dbraughlr

Postby deadbirddog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:47 am

I'm not doing any future editing until the points update. I did roughly 2500 edits yesterday before I realized there was another issue. The last time this happened I never did get the bonus candies for more than 3000+ edits.
deadbirddog

Postby dknight212 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:43 pm

I really don't know if I've lost candies or not. Part of me doesn't care since I hardly need the points. On the other hand, if there is a systemic error it could affect many people.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
David (not Dave!) Knight • Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (CM10.1.3) • Ubuntu (latest)
UK Country AdminArea Manager for London
UK links: UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area Manager
dknight212
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby drive4fun2me » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:38 pm

shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.
I will check with the Product team if we can add more achievements and road goodies for drivers.

Back to the original discussion: the suggested solution was to change number of points per edit from 1.5 to 3 and in addition to leave the multi-time achievement for each 3000 edits. If you think 1500 points is too much (+0.5 points per edit) - we can discuss the exact number.

I think it pretty much covers all the issues - editors are credited with 3 points per edit AND we keep the multi-time achievement.

When will these changes go in effect?
drive4fun2me

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor