Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by DavidAbarca
I think that waze should be more entertaining for those who don't edit, one time achivments are food but not good enough, they have to create competition between drivers, like assigning badges, or candys in this case the way four square does
Just a little part of my wish list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by DavidAbarca
Magoblack2 wrote:I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)
I think it happens already, that's why I also think that the editable area should grow with the editor level, so there are tangible differences between levels not just a locking rank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by DavidAbarca
I think they already gave us the points
Since they already made all the changes in the editing points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by dbraughlr
linus71 wrote:Many young editors, make mistakes so trivial, which I think some of them don't use Waze while driving
I agree that an editor should have to rack up some minimum number of miles before being promoted in rank and least some miles periodically to understand how the app works in the real world. Of course, I also favor an on-line quiz to certify for each editor rank.

I think that the "bonus" candy for editing is a psychological matter. I believe it is not an incentive to become a good editor or to drive more. Almost any system of rewards has unintended consequences.

I think that the candy could be awarded every 5 miles driven after every 100 edits made and give 0 points. That would solve any bugs and handsomely reward those who like candy. Other editors would shut off the candy and lose nothing.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by dbraughlr
krikketdoug wrote:I'm asking in context of this post
There is no Illinois server in any context.
dbraughlr
Send a message
Ѭ

Post by deadbirddog
I'm not doing any future editing until the points update. I did roughly 2500 edits yesterday before I realized there was another issue. The last time this happened I never did get the bonus candies for more than 3000+ edits.
deadbirddog
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Retired LEO
Country Manager Iceland
Area Manager West Virginia
[img]https:///F30V6O[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]https://img.fae.ro/cf8c00.jpeg

Post by dknight212
I really don't know if I've lost candies or not. Part of me doesn't care since I hardly need the points. On the other hand, if there is a systemic error it could affect many people.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by drive4fun2me
shirlig wrote:Hi guys,

So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.
I will check with the Product team if we can add more achievements and road goodies for drivers.

Back to the original discussion: the suggested solution was to change number of points per edit from 1.5 to 3 and in addition to leave the multi-time achievement for each 3000 edits. If you think 1500 points is too much (+0.5 points per edit) - we can discuss the exact number.

I think it pretty much covers all the issues - editors are credited with 3 points per edit AND we keep the multi-time achievement.
When will these changes go in effect?
drive4fun2me
Send a message

Post by enhket
i hate the fact that waze cancels the candy system because they cant fix it. If that is the trend, fire the infrastructure team ( kidding :lol: ). That aside, i agree with people up there, you should reward drivers more. Waze might host events (halloween event for example) where drivers got to do determined things to get points. Lets say, pumpinks show up on the map when you are driving, and everytime you take 10 of them, you get XX points in the end of the day. People would feel motived to drive more and we would have more data in the segments ;). i cant say i will miss the 750 points candy, i lost the 20% of my total in the last 3-4 months, so welcome to the 3 points per edit!

Finally, i got one question: when you say "cancel", are you implying that the 750 candy wont show up on the map anymore, or the system wont just reward people more? i ask this because i have 50+ candies left, so i would like to know if ill be able to loot them or you will add them to my total.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
Yes, the issue that got a few people annoyed is you guys couldnt fix the bug. Anyways, Lain is right, you are giving extra points to editors by giving a 750 points candy every 1500 edits, while you still make it 3 points per edits.

What you should do is add an improvement. Do what you said about the editor's candy (3 points per edit) and add a 500 or 750 points candy for drivers every 100 miles. That way you dont need have 2 servers connected to manage the candies.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8