Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
russblau wrote:Wow! Elle-emme, rest assured that not everyone feels that way. To me, if an editor's questions or comments are helping to clarify or resolve an issue, then their rank doesn't matter. For that matter, anyone whose comments aren't constructive shouldn't be editing, and in that case their rank shouldn't matter either.
This isn't about comments. It's about misrepresenting yourself as a person who can solve a problem when you can't. That will drive users away just as quickly as lying to them about having solved a UR when you haven't done anything.

When you make the initial comment on a UR, you become responsible for that UR. Nobody else is going to get a notification that the reporter has replied. So now, the lower level user has to ask for an unlock, or ask for someone else to fix the problem, creating additional complication.

We've worked on and tested this feature for 6 months now to make it a DIRECT communication between the editor and the reporter. Obviously this isn't how it's going to work now that everyone has access to it. This is quickly going to turn into an unmanageable mess.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
elle-emme wrote:Unless you follow the conversation as well.
Creating more work in having to pick out which URs have been commented on by unqualified users.
elle-emme wrote:As long as the lower-ranked editor does that, is it really such an issue? How is it any different than a low-ranked editor running across the same problem during their normal editing of the map and posting an unlock request in the forum?
Once again, creating more unnecessary work.
elle-emme wrote:If you worked on and tested it for six months, then how did this issue never come up? Did no one ever bring up the possibility of rank-locking conversations according to the rank lock of the road the UR was reported on?
Because during the testing phase, no unqualified users had access to it, so it wasn't evident how huge of a problem this would be come. But yes, all sorts of locking schemes were discussed...none were implemented.
elle-emme wrote:edit: also, if it's such a big deal that plebeian editors are forbidden from initiating conversations on roads that are rank-locked and only patrician editors should do so, why isn't it addressed in the Wiki article about URs and conversations?
The wiki can be addressed, but it's not really relevant because anyone who tries this should be able to see that they can't do anything to help and move on to other things that will actually improve the map.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Excited about these new features and have already used both of them a few times in the last day or so. Thanks so much for continuing to listen to the community and develop these great new editing tools.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by kodi75
How do I add Turn Restrictions when both ends of two highlighted segments are labeled the "B" end, as in here?
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Thortok2000 wrote:- It did not give a 'push notification' for me. Admittedly I wasn't running Waze at the time since I'm at home not driving. But the second Waze loaded I checked messages and it was there
You might want to verify that "Push Notifications" is enabled / allowed in Settings>Notifications menu.
Works fine for me on Android, not sure what platform you are on.
I did see some mention of some 'trick' that needed to be done on some iOS devices when a reinstall was done to re-allow notifications, and it was basically to hold off the reinstall for about 24Hrs if I'm not mistaken. It was apparently fixed in 3.7.2 already, but here is the thread anyway.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lopaolo69
Just a smal question for who knows.
Will be deleted a restriction active for a specific range of days?
For example, I setup a restriction starting from today to tomorrow. After tomorrow, when the restriction is not active anymore, why I still see the rectriction on the road?
Is existing a periodic "script" that remove all the death restrictions from the server?

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lopaolo69
CBenson wrote:Restrictions remain listed in WME after they expire.
I know they remain... this the reason for my question :P

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Machete808
olestas wrote:But do turn restrictions actually work in routing?
They've worked in beta testing, according to multiple reports. Very useful in our area -- so far!
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!

Post by Machete808
CBenson wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:restrictions which are dated and have a span of more than 50 days will not work. They were supposed to fix this as part of the public release.
But didn't yet.
ohad-ron wrote: A few things to note about this feature:
[*]There's currently a bug in the system where restrictions with duration of more than approximately 50 days are not taken into account. We are taking care of this and it will be solved within the next few days. You will be updated.[/list]
At least I haven't seen a update yet.
Assume this means restrictions where there is a date range selected. What about permanent restrictions? If "every week" is selected, those restrictions work, right?
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/on9 ... i.png?dl=0https://www.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s ... x.png?dl=0
U.S. Local Champ
Hawaii State Manager
California State Manager
Country manager, U.S.
Welcome, new editors:
Here's a good place to start!