These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mtbgtr
"Red light camera alerts are now at 0.5 miles, which is way too far. 0.1 or max 0.2 miles for an RLC. There's no need for any further advance warning.

Police alerts are still at 0.3 miles, which is way too short. Should be 1 mile or maybe .75 miles."

This is VERY disappointing considering it continues to make the advanced notification utterly useless, and therefore the app useless for my needs. This was the one feature that got me to move over from SpeedTrap. Is there anyway I can get back the version prior to 3.7.3 when it was actually a useful app for me ?
mtbgtr
Send a message
iPhone 4S Waze 3.7.6

Post by mtbgtr
I am actually seeing/hearing the alerts at 0.5 miles out since I upgraded to 3.7.6 on my iPhone 4S yesterday. This is better, but a mile would be much better doing 75-80 on the freeway. Not sure if this was mentioned prior but is it possible to have it longer the faster you drive?

USB and Bluetooth still work fine for my iPhone 4s.
mtbgtr
Send a message
iPhone 4S Waze 3.7.6

Post by nejlaroutsong
Hi,

The sound completely stopped working with this new update. I have checked ALL the sound settings and they are all ON and turned up to HIGH. Still no sound at all. I have an iPhone 4S and the sound worked fine for two years. Please help!
nejlaroutsong
Send a message

Post by nejlaroutsong
Yes, it's on. I'm aware of this button and it is turned on, thanks. Still no sounds.
nejlaroutsong
Send a message

Post by nejlaroutsong
There are also quite a few similar posts in the last couple weeks in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48545&p=618066&hili ... nd#p618066

I think it's a bug. Maybe only for iPhone 4s?
nejlaroutsong
Send a message

Post by ninja98r
Navigation lists no longer scroll on my AppRadio 3 touchscreen!

You can no longer touch, scroll, or drag the following:

1) "Recents" list on the main "Navigate" screen,
2) "Favorites" list, and
3) "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work

This had occured in a previous update which was fixed.
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by ninja98r
stephenstrath wrote:I am experiencing a black bar at the top of my appradio 3. The image doesn't fill the screen anymore. The black strip at the top is just about the size of the status bar at the top of the screen when using Waze directly on the phone. (just thought that might be related). Also like previous earlier versions I can only access the initial settings window, after that menus are completely unresponsive and you can no longer scroll. For example search results, Favourites or recent results. This newest version really did a number on the app. It took something that was functioning perfectly fine, had no complaints, and now the app is less then usable.
I'm experiencing the exact same issues on my AR3 since updating Waze. All was fine prior to update.

Too bad b/c I enjoyed using it on my daily commute. Now it's just annoying. Started trying out NavFree but was enjoying Waze prior to the bugs.
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by no1uknow
unlimitedsounds wrote:So is waze ever going to fix screen dining issue? Am I the only one with issue on new upgrade?. someone said it might be fixed on latest upgrade but for me not.. A popup report come In, screen goes dim ave it highlights incident.. Popup goes away but either screen stats dim or screen is dim with highlight on current road. it makes program unusable...
I have this same issue occasionally. It seems the only way to fix it is to shut down the app and restart.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
I've been seeing very old (5-8 hours) traffic and accident reports. :|
Checked the app just now and they're there again today.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by nzahn1
Has the coding of coloring roads due to traffic changed in recent updates? Due to sharing of traffic with google maps?

I've notice trafficy-roads take much longer to "color" in reaction to other wazer's traffic reports. See examples below where traffic is definately slow, and numerous users have reported traffic (with "thanks" too), but the color of the road remains unchanged.

This is in stark contrast to the "instant gratification" that users see when reporting a traffic jam, and the road segment instantly changes.

I think a middle ground is needed.
http://i41.tinypic.com/oqm3w9.pnghttp://i42.tinypic.com/3925t.png
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter