Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

disable red light camera warning

Post by jrgrizz57
Is there a way to disable the red light camera popup?

I drive the same route every day. Twice a day I get the red light camera popup. Ok; enough already! I know it's there! It was there yesterday, will be there tomorrow, and next week, and next year!
jrgrizz57

POSTER_ID:12672824

Send a message

Post by bart99gt
Weebsurfer wrote:I also don't think I need to know it's "more illegal" to run this particular red light. Life doesn't work that way.... Well, it shouldn't.

Typed badly on my Optimus G e971 running Houstonn's 4.4 PA Build.
Many governments have been caught reducing the length of yellow at intersections with cameras, so I like to know about them just to avoid getting fleeced by one of these things when I would probably be able to safely go through the yellow at another light.

I agree that Waze needs to incorporate a way to suppress static alerts after having driven by them so many times in a given period of time.
bart99gt
Send a message
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM

Post by j-lamar
+1 again

Considering that "speed cams" are already on the list of "Show on map" suppressible elements, why not include red light cams as well?

This is one of my few pet peeves with this app. It's bizarre and counter-intuitive that you can hide dynamic occurrences (traffic jams, hazards, etc.) but not static events (such as a red light camera), which never change.

Shouldn't things that never change on a route be more easily suppressible than things that may change all the time?
j-lamar
Send a message

Post by srbean
+1

For the same reasons previous poster mentioned.
srbean
Send a message

Post by techguy9707
What if the red light warning only occurs for the first x times you pass the intersection. I know the intersections I past through this morning and had a camera this morning... will have them this evening.

Also, if your route is taking you left thru the intersection and the red light camera is for the straight lane traffic only, I am not sure I need to know.
techguy9707
Send a message

Post by Weebsurfer
+1
+infinity!

God I am glad I'm not alone! This makes NO sense to me on any level. Why can we not disable these popups. God help anyone that approaches a right turn with a red light camera near by. It blocked a good portion on the screen. And it's illegal to run a red light anyways. So honestly, it's unnecessary. I'm all for the indicators on the map, but kill the popups or give us the option.! Please.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
Weebsurfer
Send a message

Post by Weebsurfer
I think it's worse the first time as you may not know the route and may miss the turn because of it.

Weebsurfer
Send a message

Post by Weebsurfer
I also don't think I need to know it's "more illegal" to run this particular red light. Life doesn't work that way.... Well, it shouldn't.

Weebsurfer
Send a message