ASR localization - Activated!!!

Post by milkyway35
Orit,

Is it possible to translate ASR feature ? and start enabling the feature outside the USA.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:238743

Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by bedo2991
omba_de wrote: Well.. Still not available in German. (Although it's "replying" (can't hear you; once again) in German....
That's encouraging, I thought it wasn't working because of my bad german pronunciation! :D
bedo2991  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
omba_de wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: ...
Not sure what's up with German ASR... :(
I just wonder if any (except English) of the 16 other languages is working correctly.
I'm even not sure which commands I've to enter...
What is written in the settings is: "traffic jam", "navigate to (home/ work)", "stop navigation", and "back" (for step backwards?!)
I've tried those in German. Even different words.
-> No way to activate it :(
As I was saying few post above this, German ASR doesn't work because who translated it didn't pay attention to the case of the words, and translated small letters in capital letters (as any precise German person would do :D ).

For example "report" is translated in "Bericht". Your ASR will probably understand you saying "berich" but it won't match with "Bericht".

Contact Argus Cronos and tell him to change the translation following the original capitalizing method. Then make him ask Waze to push the German ASR file to the clients as soon as possible.
bedo2991  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
argus-cronos wrote:I definitely do not believe, that it has something to do with capitalization. All tts stuff works fine, people simply do not know the comands, this will change... And why should a B left out a t?
I misspelled it, to me German looks like Chinese, I didn't notice the missing t.

Ok, so leave it this way and have fun then. :D
Other users who want to have a working ASR should edit their lang.deutsch_asr file in the Waze folder to make it work correctly.
bedo2991  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
I think ASR simply uses the TTS language (not the registered one) you chose. If you change this voice without restarting the new one will read the old file (and in some case another languange).
bedo2991  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
ASR localisation has now started!
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
In my experience the ASR uses the language setting from the general app (not the instructions) I live in México but use mostly English and that's what my ASR expects; when testing the Spanish Latin America TTS I change the language and restart the app.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by Genesis1-11
omba_de wrote:
orit_y wrote:...
Happy to let you know have enable the ASR in 16 languages!!!
Well.. Still not available in German. (Although it's "replying" (can't hear you; once again) in German....
Hi
Does ASR use automatically the default language settings of the country you are in....?

I am asking because I have an all-English setup in Brazil, only ASR speaks to me in Portuguese and expects to be talked back to in Portuguese.

If this is the case, it is possibly not the wisest decision, just think of heavy national holiday travel all around Europe....

Thanks
Ingo
Genesis1-11
Send a message

Post by Genesis1-11
bedo2991 wrote:I think ASR simply uses the TTS language (not the registered one) you chose. If you change this voice without restarting the new one will read the old file (and in some case another languange).
Happy New Year!

I cannot confirm this info. The TTS-language behaviour keeps unexplainable to me. I have tried different combinations of these settings:

Android 2.3: German
ASR: Brazilian-Portuguese, English-US, English-UK, German
TTS: German, English-US, English-UK, Brazilian-Portuguese
Initial GPS-location: Brazil, Czech Republic, UK, Austria

Restarted the application after each change of settings, of course.

Still, I am not able to predict TTS-behavior yet. MOSTLY I manage to keep TTS stick to English-US or English-UK, but the system still keeps surprising me by switching to German or Portuguese in an unpredictable way.

anybody found any clues on the support pages or in any language wiki yet, on how TTS and ASR and GPS-location interfere with each other?

Cheers, keep wazing!
Genesis1-11
Send a message

Post by leocylau
hooray :mrgreen:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator