Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby anjim » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:51 am

unfortunately the gap that Waze Let the WP will be completed very soon by another application,. A pity that this has been the application of policy.

Pajé de Mauá-SP
anjim
Map Raider
Map Raider

Not rememebering me on Windows Phone 8

Postby aparallaxview » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8
aparallaxview

Postby aparallaxview » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x
aparallaxview

Postby Bazajaytee » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Wondering when the Windows app will get updated to include features the iOS version has had for a long time like adding fuel prices in the area.

Also, the friends outside of Facebook is useless on Windows Phone as we can't add phone numbers until 3.8 comes out. As someone who doesn't use Facebook, I'm looking forward to this option so hopefully a Windows Phone update is due in the near future.
Bazajaytee

Postby bluetrout » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 pm

nzahn1 wrote:Just so everyone knows: Here is the current (as of this post) listing of known issues with Waze on WP from the Support Page:
Support Page wrote:Known issues and missing features - Windows Phone
  • Add a stop point
  • Landscape
  • Updating gas prices
  • Social media (Facebook, Twitter,...)
  • Problems with bluetooth- can’t choose whether route sound to speaker or to bluetooth.
  • “Crash” when returning from background.
  • Restart is needed for changing unit
  • No sound - please restart waze

Please add the power consumption issue. If there is a charger that can keep up with Waze's power use please let us know what it is. My charger has a 3.1A output and doesn't come anywhere close to keeping up. After 30 minutes of use the battery on my Lumia 928 is drained at least 20-40%. At that rate I would get about an hour of use from the phone & Waze, even with the phone "charging". Thanks!
bluetrout

Postby BoxSoft » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:31 pm

coinneach wrote:Why is there no integration with the People hub?

There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike
BoxSoft

Postby BoxSoft » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 pm

I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.
BoxSoft

Postby BoxSoft » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Qyv42 wrote:
BoxSoft wrote:There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike

Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. For me, it definitely starts Waze and feeds it the information. Waze then starts giving directions without further input. I just tried the Here+ app, and it wanted me to press Start first. ;)
BoxSoft

Postby brighcj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)
brighcj

Postby brighcj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 am

Some more feedback now that I've had a chance to use it some.

1) the Audio is kinda quiet, even with volumes set to max
2) can you route the audio, and hopefully in the future, the mic through Bluetooth?
3) Gonna throw in speech recognition again, I really think some focus needs to go towards this.
4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.

other than that, great job guys!

Lumia 920 WP8 GDR3
brighcj

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App