Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:Does it really learn preferred routes, or is this just a prompt for a whole new set of WP8 users to start asking why Waze never learns their route? </rant>
Point taken. I just copied the release notes verbatim. I didn't feel it appropriate for me to edit except for grammar.

I could add a footnote...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
overclockrj wrote:I'd like to avoid screen lock when running Waze. Is that possible?
Did you try entering "prevent lock" into the "Ask a Question" box on the support page (per the OP link above)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TexasTibab wrote:When I hit the "Connect to Facebook" button during initial setup, nothing happened. After setting up, I found that button again in the Scoreboard area, and when I hit it there the button disappeared and I was not provided a way to connect to my Facebook.
Creating a Waze account is much better experience overall, IMO. It looks like you got an account set up, so good for you! Once the facebook connect issues are resolved, you'll be able to link later.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlexSandes75
Windows Phone is more complicated to deal with than ios and Android. Thats why updates are held up.
AlexSandes75
Send a message

Post by AlexSandes75
I am having trouble with the GPS system on my Lumia 830. It gives me a message like "GPS system not activated - giving approximate location" or some thing like that, even with my localization activated. The wazers do not appear in my map, but the information of traffic jams and other infos appear normally. Can anyone give me some tips on how to proceed?
AlexSandes75
Send a message

Post by AlexSandes75
jdavlcba65 wrote:I have no wazer appearing anymore on my screen since more that 8 months. So you are not alone.

I have not the issue "GPS system not activated - giving approximate location" on my WP lumia 635/OS8.1
Is this permanent?
Is GPS working fine with google map or here drive?
No, it is not permanent. Just checked again, I think it was just a question of finding the signal...

Pretty sad that we cannot see other wazers now. Do you know if people can see our infos and/or our waze icon?
AlexSandes75
Send a message

Post by ambarnard
Hey, looks like the WP10 app got an update sometime early September, despite the promise that it wouldn't be updated until WP phone numbers increased. I thought I could rely on that promise, unfortunately not as the app has gone from buggy to completely broken. Thanks guys..... Tried on WP8, that's not working either, also since early September.

Hopefully Huawei will come out with something outside the Android/WIndows ecosystem that works reliably and consistently. In the meantime I guess its back to Here maps for me, and learning to love those traffic jams. At least sitting in the car is less hassle than sitting in the office, and as I'm paid by the day..... :D
ambarnard
Send a message

Post by AnderT
nzahn1 wrote:
jdavlcba65 wrote:
fastlooop wrote:Now a Lumia 640 XL and I can't accept T's and C's, so no WAZE!
I hope to have good news in a near future.
sorry I am French. what does "T's and C's" mean?
No issue for me with my Lumia 835 preventing from using Waze..
Terms and Conditions. (The legal language screen apparently has some size/scrolling errors on some phones).
Hi, in a brasilian site a read that you can accept the T and C if you hide the navigation bar on botton of the screnn
AnderT
Send a message

andres538
Send a message

andres538
Send a message