Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No sound

Post by
I am unable to get voice directions on my iPhone 5 speaker or my car speaker since the last update. My sound icon says it is not on mute. My Waze is visual only. Frustrated...can I get help? Thanks!

POSTER_ID:2437367

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Sound settings: do you have navigation set to minimal or full? Set for speaker out or prefer bluetooth?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Okay, so if you have it set to full navigation, sound to speaker, and mute button on main menu is set to allow sound, then there are two more options:

1) Have the sound settings open when Waze is running and you are driving, when Waze should make an announcement, does the "Device Volume" slider change? Like slides nearly or all the way to zero? If so, then the fast-fix is to do the 3-finger tap or hover to activate voice commands and adjust the sound volume up with the physical volume buttons.

2) Reinstall the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The only way to "fix" the sound files not completely downloaded problem is to delete the app (including from the card for Android), reinstall. There has been a long-standing bug which will not resume partially downloaded voice prompts.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
krotow wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The only way to "fix" the sound files not completely downloaded problem is to delete the app (including from the card for Android), reinstall. There has been a long-standing bug which will not resume partially downloaded voice prompts.
This wasn't help at all...
Your situation isn't a surprise based on what we've read from users in the forum lately. I've escalated it to Waze directly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bjnh
I have the same issue for a few days now. Reinstalled the app twice as per the instructions. The sound worked for about 1/2 hour then stopped again. Once upon a time it was possible to post a support question to the Waze team and they responded. They don't offer that option anymore? Is anyone from Waze monitoring these posts? I have not seen any reply from them. At least they should offer on the post of common problems the ability to indicate if it solved the problem or not. How do we give them feedback and get this solved?
bjnh
Send a message

Post by bocceboy
Same issue here: reinstalled on iPhone. It worked on the first "Let's Go!" after that no sound. I have tried both "speaker" and "prefer bluetooth." Please help or I won't be able to use the app. Thanks.
bocceboy
Send a message

Post by bocceboy
It appears that the latest update has resolved the sound issue through the phone speaker but it still won't work with bluetooth.
bocceboy
Send a message

Post by bradbort
I'm having the same problem with my iphone 5 and ios 7. I'll uninstall and reinstall and then it works for a while, and then the voice is gone. Very frustrating.
bradbort
Send a message

Post by caesar99
Same here. I was actually trying to download a new Voice Language "English (US) - Ride Along", the download did not work, so I went back to the default. Now nothing works, re-started the app, rebooted my iOS7 phone, checked all other settings, nothing.

Any ideas Wazers?
caesar99
Send a message

Post by grabauski
Okay, so if you have it set to full navigation, sound to speaker, and mute button on main menu is set to allow sound
I never even noticed that mute button until you mentioned it...and then, I only saw it after I looked 'everywhere': the mute button, for unobservant people like me, is in the left top corner of the box that comes up when you click 'settings', opposite the 'X' that will close the settings box. (Note that this button does not only have muted and playing as options, but also 'alerts only'.)
grabauski
Send a message