Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No sound

Post by Im6Cents
I am unable to get voice directions on my iPhone 5 speaker or my car speaker since the last update. My sound icon says it is not on mute. My Waze is visual only. Frustrated...can I get help? Thanks!
Im6Cents

POSTER_ID:2437367

Send a message

Post by honkhonkDino
With all this issue being there of No Sound for millions of users, here is what they have to blow trumpet of..

http://blog.waze.com/search/label/crowdsourcing
honkhonkDino
Send a message

Post by IconoclastHugh
grabauski wrote:... for unobservant people like me, is in the left top corner of the box that comes up when you click 'settings', opposite the 'X' that will close the settings box.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, from one of the "unobservant people"!
IconoclastHugh
Send a message
I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this. — Steve Jobs

Post by Im6Cents
Yes. I have it set as full nav and I have set it at both bluetooth and iPhone speakers and neither have worked.
Im6Cents
Send a message

Post by Im6Cents
Thank you...I will try this suggestion.
Im6Cents
Send a message

Post by Im6Cents
Thank you! I did a re load and it is talking on my phone now. I am hoping it will go through car speakers again when I get in the car and go. The only WAZE to go!
Im6Cents
Send a message

Post by jhvanripet
Same for me. Turn off phone and after it comes on there is a small bit of sound. Later no sound at all. Please WAZE remove all sound controls from the app. I only need the iPhone sound control. You just dont seem to be able to get this right....
jhvanripet
Send a message

Post by Krotow
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The only way to "fix" the sound files not completely downloaded problem is to delete the app (including from the card for Android), reinstall. There has been a long-standing bug which will not resume partially downloaded voice prompts.
This wasn't help at all. At first I uninstalled application as you say and deleted Waze data directory in phone (.../sdcard0/waze). Connected to WiFi. Then installed Waze back. To be clear, latest Android version in Play - 3.7.7.0). Changed language to Latvian (my native). Language files loaded until 84% and stalled. Repeated uninstalling and directory deleting with the same result. Then closed Waze and deleted Waze directory. Started Waze back, logged in and realized, that all points is lost :cry: Even better - now language selection list menu has only Hebrew, English and Chinese languages. And English language voice files is loading only until 19% (on good WiFi connection!). Uninstalled Waze and deleted directory again. Installed Waze back. Same situation - no points, cropped language list and English voices are loading until 19% then - Uh-oh! Please try again. Then after 20 minutes points was restored, but language list are not. Only 3 languages available and live with it. And voice files are stalling on 19% as usual. Now what? I hope that Waze developers are reading this forum and particulary - this chapter. To them - please fix voice downloading. If you can't support reliable voice downloading from Waze itself, put voice files in your site support page for free downloading and add a new possibility in Waze to install those files manually from SD card.
Krotow
Send a message

Post by linewalker
When this happens to me, I reboot my phone and the sounds come back.
linewalker
Send a message

Post by mior111
I had same problem on Nexus 4 Kitkat (thought I don't think it was kitkat issue)

It was working after kitkat , but stop working after i select other voice (i would prefer sexy female voice though)

To get back the sound....

(1) Clear data
(2) Uninstall
(3) Reinstall from play.
(4) Most important ... learn to live with default voice.

:mrgreen:
mior111
Send a message