nzahn1 wrote:Just so everyone knows: Here is the current (as of this post) listing of known issues with Waze on WP from the Support Page:Support Page wrote:Known issues and missing features - Windows Phone
- Add a stop point
- Updating gas prices
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter,...)
- Problems with bluetooth- can’t choose whether route sound to speaker or to bluetooth.
- “Crash” when returning from background.
- Restart is needed for changing unit
- No sound - please restart waze
coinneach wrote:Why is there no integration with the People hub?
Qyv42 wrote:BoxSoft wrote:There is, to an extent:
- Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
- Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
- Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
- Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.
So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.
Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.
Users browsing this forum: felohidalgo