Post by StealthNinjaPeaceful
So will waze then be integrated into google maps completely eventually?
StealthNinjaPeaceful
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Congrats to the Waze founders and Waze Team!
Already looking forward for more news about how this will effect the maps and editing needs...
Very curious on what this will mean for the search function...
Very curious about a lot of things!

But i guess it's time to celebrate for you, first!
Enjoy!
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by SverkerN
Congratulations Waze! :-)
ccdmas wrote:I have high hopes in bettter performance due to more ressources, plus better search and aerials. Everything else will be seen in the hopefully bright future.

CU,
Massimo
I also hope for Google aerials! Right now, half of Sweden has no aerials at from zoom level 2 and higher.

Regards,
Sverker
SverkerN
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by T0unet
However, I think the best future for waze is to replace navigation part of google maps. :)
T0unet
Send a message

Post by the1who
sketch wrote:Shoot, maybe now Google can use its vast resources to give us a tablet editor...
I like what you did there, I would love to use my Nexus 7 more often when I'm out and about.

For my thoughts, congrats and thanks for the blog post with keeping us as the community in mind. Glad we get to keep that magic rug under our feet still and not have it pulled out from underneath.

I am looking forward to better POI capabilities, which may subdue some of the UR about wrong locations.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by Thetemp
it would be good if we get better aerials plus the ability to view older ones , like in google earth.
Thetemp
Send a message

Post by timbucks
georgenqueiroz wrote: Map Editor is much better than Google Map Maker. If I'm not wrong, in GMM if you need to delete a road that does not exist anymore, you have to delete it, then some users must aprove this change, and after some days you will can make adicional changes, if it is necessary. Changes in Waze are much quicker than in Google Maps.
Then you need to do more edits. 99% of the edits I make are live within 5 minutes. I think it's better that peer review takes place. I've made changes on WME where the road layouts don't now match aerials and had them reverted by a lower rank as it didn't match the aerials.

And I can add house numbers and NAMES and can search for them - handy in the dark.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
timbucks
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by totugj
Could Waze now use the maps of Google?
Thanks
totugj
Send a message

Post by traffic-adl
Congratulations to Noam and the entire Waze team.
traffic-adl
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TruckOttr
Congratulations!

Waze has been innovative in many ways and has clearly become the leader in social mapping. I'm glad that you've all been rewarded for all your hard work and vision.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Joining the Google community will only help Waze in the long term and I look forward to seeing how this evolves.
TruckOttr
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... d-0200.pnghttps://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-4.png
Hayward, CA, Reno/Sparks, NV, Elko/Spring Creek, NV and apparently the N. NV section of Portola Valley, CA. :-)