The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Dealing with Railroad Tracks

Post by zulujoydotcom
I see roads where there are railroad tracks. They are inaccessible, but I'm wondering if we need to remove them?

Thoughts?
zulujoydotcom

POSTER_ID:594786

Send a message

Post by zulujoydotcom
Cool. Thanks for the info. :D
zulujoydotcom
Send a message

Post by Zirland
I asked @waze and they told, that there is no plan for showing railroads.
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"

Post by Zirland
I read the forum, but I haven't found anything new to my question asked before.
unwallflower wrote:It's also nice to have them as a landmark (for example, if I'm lost and I see that I'm near railroad tracks when I look at the map, that's a really BIG, easy to spot thing to look for in order to orient myself).
When you look at the map, you will see, that you do not see anything. Railroads are not shown in the Client map. Landmarks are. Trains not.

I am still missing the point, what possible use in Waze you suggest. It is not visible on the screen.
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"

Post by Zirland
gerben wrote:Most people want to keep them for reference.
Sorry, but I have to ask. What "reference" you mean here? Railroads are not showing on the map and yesterday I got confirmed by waze, that there is no plan to visualise them.

I can't see any possible use of railroads on map.
Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"

Post by yazz007
Railroad intersection should be very important to Waze because of proper traffic recognition. Also please Waze team add an info, like a warning sign, on railroads and roads intersection at the same level. This information can be very helpful for safety reasons and possible delays.
yazz007
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Within cities, light rail goes right on the city streets themselves,
I've seen a mix, where they can have their own ROW separate from the road and be on surface streets.

Best example I know of is the HBLR (Hudson Bergen Light Rail) in north Jersey which I rode on opening day :geek:
The Hudson–Bergen Light Rail system uses a combination of old rail and new exclusive rights-of-way for most of its length, with some grade separation in certain areas. It shares a lane with automobiles on a portion of Essex Street in downtown Jersey City, but for the most part, does not operate with other traffic. At-grade crossing are equipped with special signals to automatically change traffic lights in favor of the light rail.
Anyway, in these cases, if the entire LR system was only junctioned to itself and floating above/below the road grid, hopefully the Waze snap to routines would favor keeping you on the road you've been on as opposed to a different road that you can't even get to due to junctions and levels.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator