Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Toolbox

Post by OyyoDams
As some of most curious users already know, I've added a brand new plugin which is called "WME Toolbox".

[EDIT: The continuation of this thread has been moved to a new thread.]
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

POSTER_ID:10171515

Send a message
Last edited by OyyoDams on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post by OyyoDams
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I feel it is a bad idea to call junctions were u-turns exist on a segment a "bad junction." This isn't actually true any more. it's a u-turn and it's probably there on purpose.
You're right. Renamed to "Show all U-turns and reverse connexions".
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
OyyoDams wrote:Argh little issue with Firefox again... looking to fix it.
Fixed. As always, please refresh and tell me it all is ok.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Argh little issue with Firefox again... looking to fix it.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Can you refresh and try again ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
New feature for all users: Auto hide left panel option! Just refresh the page if you were editing...
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
jondrush wrote:Is this Chrome only?
It has been tested with Firefox/Greasemonkey and Chrome.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Just select any segment of a roundabout, and the button should appear on the left side. If not please tell me.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by ottonomy
OyyoDams wrote:1.3.3.3
Fix: When opening configuration panel with a popup displayed, and disabling popups, the last popup doesn't disappear
Improvement: Select in land mark - large or strict selection modes
New: Permalink to Waze Livemap
New: Snapping control from WME Addons added in Toolbox configuration panel
WOW! You added almost everything I wanted during the time that it took for me to compose my last post! Thank you for the snap control!!! And the LiveMap permalink!
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by ottonomy
Mike-1323 wrote:Toolbox is a very useful tool, but I'm quite upset that it is deliberately preventing me from using a different extension, even if it is no longer actively supported or has unique functionality. If Addons isn't interfering with Toolbox then let me run both. If you want to eliminate Addons completely then duplicate the functionality completely, otherwise let me run both. As it is now I'd rather run Addons because it doesn't prevent me from running other extensions.
Toolbox is a fantastic script, for which you, OyyoDams, should be greatly commended, so it pains me that my first post in this thread is of a complaining nature. Please understand how much I appreciate all your work in creating and maintaining this magnificent tool.

Yes, as Mike has suggested above, please allow us to continue using Addons in tandem with Toolbox unless or until all the features and functionality of Addons are available in Toolbox.

The "Snap dist" feature of Addons is of great importance for accurately adjusting geometry nodes in close proximity to junctions or segments, where necessary in order to produce correct navigation prompts.

Also, I find that the text based menu of Addons makes it much easier/faster for me to find the specific function I'm looking for than with the tiny icons in the Toolbox bar. Yes, there are tooltips, but they take a dreadfully long time to pop up. My eyes instantly recognize bold, high-contrast text, but I find that even when I have gotten familiar with icons, I'm much more likely to accidentally click the wrong one, than I am to click the wrong words in a menu. It's also nice to have a somewhat larger mouse target. I use a high resolution screen, and keep my browser zoomed out, so I can maximize the amount of map viewable at once. This makes the Toolbox bar VERY small. Is it possible that you could give us the option of a text based popup menu, with large, easy to read choices? I admit that I have no idea how much trouble it is to code this sort of thing, and that you don't get paid for this labor, but I would happily contribute funding, if given the opportunity!

Again, thank you for this truly exceptional tool!

Otto
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California