[Script] WME Tools (WMET) v0.3.4 / 2013-12-27

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Tools (WMET) v0.3.4 / 2013-12-27

Postby fmondini » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:29 pm

berestovskyy, just saw your WME Validator script (caught a link in the italian champs chat), and after a few minutes of tests I have only one thing to say: Chapeau! :-)

Very nice work. Thank you.
Global Champ and Scripting Expert
Sony Tablet S, Samsung Galaxy Note 2
WME-TOOLS suite author, check it out!

ImageImageImageImage
fmondini
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Tools (WMET) v0.3.2 / 2013-11-30

Postby foxitrot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 pm

A DirtRoad-4x4-Trail segment is connected to three and three other segments on both its ends.
WMET 3.2 wrote:Report connections: Unconnected drivable segments (all turns are restricted)
How to fix: enable at least one turn on either end of the segment

Report connections: Unconnected drivable segments (no incoming connections)
How to fix: enable at least one incoming turn on the segment

I was thinking of the wording, which was confusing for me. The segment is connected on both of its ends. If its connections are disabled using the RT arrows, it should be stated differently.

Otherwise, I liked the reporting functionality. A nice piece of work inside.

[edit] Sometimes, when zoomed out too far, the script does not stop at all, telling that it will finish in a minute...
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Tools (WMET) v0.3.2 / 2013-11-30

Postby foxitrot » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:40 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Shall I call it ... a "Drivable segment with all turns restricted"?

Yup, sounds good. And something similar for those, which turns are allowed just inwards or outwards?

berestovskyy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:[edit] Sometimes, when zoomed out too far, the script does not stop at all, telling that it will finish in a minute...

Check the error log, there must be some errors.

I will.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Mass Edit Tool (WMET)

Postby htahta » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Sounds promising
ImageImageImage
Local Champs
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Benelux
htahta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby htahta » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Just by reading the list .. I miss one Expired time restrictions. or is this something for waze to clean.
ImageImageImage
Local Champs
Benelux
htahta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby htahta » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

For the Netherlands
Can there be a report what highlights new streets. After 1-1-2014 what have no house numbers added (displays only new streets after the import of house numbers by waze)
And second a report before 1-1-2014 to display roads with are missed by the import. (Due misspelld street names)
ImageImageImage
Local Champs
Benelux
htahta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:06 am

Please understand that we appreciate your efforts in scripting. I can see how this script could be very useful in the right hands. The real worry is that some of this script is already "out there".

Your original post was just the basic template for scanning across a large area. I downloaded it to see what it was doing and I'm sure that many others did as well. Now that you're posting code to go "inside" the script, that's available to anyone who downloaded the original script. Also, to be honest, you're supplying ideas to the sort of people who are simply looking for ways of gaining points.

There's also a UK-specific reason for resistance to the script. The main examples you have posted so far all touch on the UK in particular ways. We have script-based access to an open government database of road names, so for UK editors, a single click will set the road name, correctly abbreviated. In combination with the Highlighting script, incorrect abbreviations are actually a very small problem. We also have most of our railroads correctly mapped, because one of our CMs blitzed most of them a while back. Finally, we have a local problem with unnecessary locking/unlocking - something we're working to bring under control.

Really, I would be far more comfortable if your script was distributed like WME-Toolbox. It sounds like you have some reasonable reservations about this. Perhaps if you got together with Oyyodams, you guys might be able to work something out. The source code for Toolbox has been made available to the global champs only for review.

As I said, we've got nothing against you, or the intentions you have with this script. It's the potential for abuse that is making people nervous.
UK Country Administrator • AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.2 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
My name is Iain and I'm a Wazaholic. I last edited 1 hour ago.
iainhouse

Postby ituajr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:45 am

Wildcard_25 wrote:Love the reports, just one minor change a couple of requests :)

Could we get a report for Major Highways with City Names on them

Please hold off on this one. Major Highways often have street numbers on them, and in some places the numbering restarts on suburb boundaries. Removing the City Name in this case means that street numbering in Waze becomes useless. (Not that it's used at present, but presumably the intention is to use it at some future time.) I think the "No City Name" rule hasn't been updated since Waze started implementing street numbers.
Image Image 1604 km paved, 28000 km driven
ituajr

Postby ituajr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hey!
New major beta v0.4.1 is here. Please note it's called WME Validator now.
[...]

WME Validator reports "Unneeded node" where a segment with an alternate street name joins another segment with the same primary name but with no alternate street name - ie, it appears to be ignoring the alternate name when checking to see if the segment names are identical. Merging these two segments would lose the information about where the alternate street name ends.
ituajr

Postby ituajr » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 am

ituajr wrote:WME Validator reports "Unneeded node" where a segment with an alternate street name joins another segment with the same primary name but with no alternate street name - ie, it appears to be ignoring the alternate name when checking to see if the segment names are identical.

There may be more to it than this. It appears to be losing the alternate name in other situations, too. I get a report saying

Empty alternate street
What is the problem? Alternate street name is empty.
How to fix? Remove empty alternate street name.

No City
No Street, No City
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=-34.9775&lon=138.52&env=row&segments=239326188

The alternate name isn't empty - it's "Brighton Rd, Glenelg East". Also, the identification of the street at the bottom of the report (ie, "No City, No Street, No City") is misleading - the street does have a proper name.
ituajr

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts