Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by DisplayName
The script seems to be doing the "endless URO tab generation" thing (see image above) almost all the time for me. It really slows things down and sometimes it interferes with editing. I found that if I remove the showproblem/endshow from the end of the URL the problem goes away.

Perhaps you could add an "auto-show problem" checkbox that would omit the showproblem/endshow piece unless checked. This would help people get past this problem when it occurs.
DisplayName
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
A minor (I hope) enhancement request:

I think the change to the symbol for a "ROADWORKS" UR is great, it really helps to know that they don't need attention, while still being able to see them. (Seeing them is important as they may help in dealing with "genuine" user UR's).

However, the special symbol, unlike the native symbol which it replaces, doesn't change colour with age or when the UR is closed. Age isn't a problem for ROADWORKS UR's, but it would be handy to see when the UR has been closed. Would it be possible to use a different colour symbol for closed ROADWORKS UR's? Perhaps the cone be red and green instead of red and white?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Hi Chris, I'm sure you don't really want to be editing when you could be script writing :)

I have what I hope is a minor enhancement request:

When I send the reporter a message asking for more information, I copy the UR location on the Waze map into a spreadsheet. Then if I don't get a reply in a week, I come back and close it. At present, I'm getting the UR address by clicking on it, selection "open in new tab", and then cutting the URL out of that new tab.

Would it be possible to have another option "copy UR URL to clipboard", thus saving me opening the new tab?

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the presentation of UR's (once selected) in the Beta editor has changed drastically. Presumably as an indirect consequence of this, the popup box when you put your cursor over a UR (with options like "open in new tab") no longer appears. I expect there will be other problems in Beta, but this is the first one I've noticed.
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Beta WME has just had a new downgrade (*) installed and the transformation of UR icons is no longer working (at least for speed limit UR's).

(*) since Waze HQ changes always make things worse to start with, I refuse to call them upgrades.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Blank panel problem now preventing use of this script in production WME  :(
  (looks like a new version of WME today)
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
searchjaunt wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:12 am I was not clear enough. I was referring to the creation of an event:2024-01-25_9-10-41.png
 I have somewhere in my mind the idea that the place was filled in before.

You are not imagining it, that field did get filled in.  But not by URO+.  Lots of scripts have been broken, and I'm currently running without any.  Not sure which script it was that did default that field.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Not sure, but there may be a bad interaction between this script and the latest WME version. With this extension enabled scrolling is far too fast. Disabling the script seems to resolve the problem. Obviously this is far too an important script to miss out on for too long!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Nope, definitely on 1.8!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
When I click on a UR with the script enabled, it zooms in but the zoom bar in WME stays on furthest out zoom, don't know if that helps.
dknight212
Send a message