Roads auto-fixing (geometry, directionality, ...)

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Roads auto-fixing (geometry, directionality, ...)

Postby unwallflower » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:16 pm

rl_pl wrote:I think this is the key of misunderstanding: we have no base map. We have no undriven no entry roads, instead we have undriven nonexisting roads, or just simply no roads at all. We do not teach waze about the directions of our streets, we just record, edit and create the roads from scratch.

There is no misunderstanding. I am perfectly aware that there are areas that don't have a base map. However, there ARE areas that DO have base maps, and by turning off the auto-fixing process you would be screwing them over in favor of not having to check the "locked" check box yourself. I understand that it would make things easier for you (ambiguous you), but it would make Waze 100% worthless for those people who live in an area with a base map. I understand that you are frustrated with how this works in your specific area, but that doesn't mean that this process does not have its (numerous) benefits in other areas.

You have a solution: check the locked checkbox. People who live in an area with a base map don't have a solution, short of going through and editing the directionality and connectivity of every single road... and I have to imagine that would be more time consuming.
unwallflower

Postby unwallflower » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:53 pm

freddiechopin wrote:But the algorithm that made the curves smooth was pretty good... Will that feature also be disabled, or you mean only more drastic changes like - for example - connecting two lanes of a dual-carriageway or something like this?

4\/3!!

It sounds to me like geometry and directionality of a segment will not be changed if the segment was edited. It also sounds like if a segment was not edited, the geometry edits will occur with less sensitivity.

Just how I interpreted it, though. Maybe krankyd will clarify for us.
unwallflower

Postby Watt25 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:40 pm

CBenson wrote:
rl_pl wrote:I have never seen a two-way road which waze (not human!) has converted to one-way while it should not. Have you?

Yes, I have.

I have too.
http://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&lat=47.41536&lon=18.88086&layers=TBFTFFFTTFFFFFFFTTTTT&seg-1=84007567
The selected segment was corrected by me about a few days ago, but beleive me, it was one way. Look at the GPS points. It was converted to one-way by the waze algorithm.
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE - Android 4.4
Area Manager: Érd - Martonvásár - Dunaújváros háromszögben
Ford Mondeo MK2 Tournier
Watt25
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General