[Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.1 (20131128)

Postby Timbones » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:00 am

Twister-UK wrote:In an attempt to make script management/maintenance a bit easier, and to reduce the number of scripts I'll have to add to the Chrome Store ... I've rolled the functionality of my DrivesTabEnhancer (DTE) and Select Roundabout Segments (SRS) scripts into URO

Personally I'd rather these stayed as separate extensions, as I tend to use SRS more than URO. Uploading scripts to Chrome Web Store is very easy (but then, I only have 2 so far). :)

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby tonestertm » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 am

Thanks again for this indispensable script, and the improvements.

***Leave reviews for these fine developers!***

One small request for Twister-UK... I don't know what the mechanism is, but could you add a "WME" or "Waze" tag so that it's more easily searchable in the store? Unless there's a reason you only want it linked from here, of course
tonestertm

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.12 (20121205)

Postby TonyG-UK » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 am

This is causing a problem with the display of approved speed cameras with the latest WME update. They disappear from the map.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.21 (20130315)

Postby twist3r » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:58 am

For me it does not work in Chrome 25.0.1364.172 m. I have installed all other scripts (WME Color Highlights, WME Junction Node Fixer,WME-Add-Ons, etc.) but this one does nothing for me in Chrome. Do I have to do something special out of just installing?
Area Manager - Timișoara & Deva
Waze 3.7.3 - Desire XS Android 4.0.4
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/groups/timisoaratrafic/
twist3r
Beta tester
Beta tester

[Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi everyone,

Those of you active in the UK forum will already be aware of this script, and since it now has a slowly but steadily growing number of users based outside of the UK, it was suggested that I announce its existence in the global editing forum...

What does it do?

There are two main features to the script. The first is to add a pop-up box next to whichever user request or camera marker your mouse pointer is hovering over. This box contains a summary of the details for this UR/camera, allowing you to quickly see if it's one that you need to pay more attention to without having to click on the marker and wait for WME to reload the map at the marker position.

For UR markers, the box also contains three links allowing you to open up a new WME tab centred on the marker, to open up a new LiveMap tab, or to hide the marker for the remainder of this editing session (if you've decided that it's a UR you definitely don't want to be bothered with today)

The second feature is the ability to filter UR and camera markers by various parameters - type, age, keywords etc. e.g. if you don't want to see any General Error UR markers, they can all be hidden by ticking a single checkbox. If you only want to see URs that were created at least x days ago, but less than y days ago, you can do that too. If you're in the habit of setting URs to remind yourself about a map issue you want to fix when you get home, and you insert your username into the UR description to remind everyone else not to touch that UR, you can then find these URs easily by using the keyword filter...

Camera markers can be similarly filtered, although the range of filters is somewhat smaller here.

The script was developed in Firefox/Greasemonkey, but has also been tested (and used by others) in Chrome as an extension.

Note that, to the best of my knowledge, all of its current users are based on the world server - I would therefore appreciate any feedback from users on the NA server!

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Chrome Web Store version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mjcdghdphi
Last edited by Twister-UK on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 49 times in total.
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One X/Android 4.1.1
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ userscripts.org and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK

Re: UROverview script - v1.4

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm

A couple of tweaks bring us up to version 1.4...

When opening a new WME tab from the UR popup link, the new tab now has the same layers enabled/disabled as the original tab.

Filter settings are now saved into persistent local storage, so they can be reapplied at the start of the next editing session

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Twister-UK

Re: UROverview script - v1.4.1

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Minor update to 1.4.1, to fix the livemap links in the UR popups on systems where the main livemap link at the top of the WME page doesn't include a reference to your current position within WME - on these systems the livemap links were being generated as relative links to WME rather than the absolute links to livemap as expected...

Twister-UK

Re: UROverview script - v1.5

Postby Twister-UK » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Version 1.5 is now available, adding pop-up support for map problem markers:

I've also given Mike the go-ahead to integrate this script into the WazeBar...
Twister-UK

Re: UROverview script - v1.6

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 pm

I was hoping to have 1.6 fully tested/debugged before releasing it, but having waited a week for some new problem markers to show up in my area, I figured it'd be better to release 1.6 now with problem marker support disabled, and then re-enable it in a future release...

The main reason for wanting to get 1.6 out the door is that it should fix the problem of the pop-up obscuring the UR marker, so I'd appreciate feedback on whether or not it's actually succeeded here. It also introduces auto-opening of the UR details panel when using the "open in new tab" link, so that you no longer need to click on the UR marker once the tab has loaded.

Twister-UK

Re: UROverview script - v1.7

Postby Twister-UK » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Timbones wrote:Is there any chance you can it all under one tab in the beta editor, with sub-tabs for URs and Cameras? There's not enough room for 5 tabs. :(

Done in 1.7... In WME Beta I now create a single main tab titled "URO", within which the UR and camera controls are sub-tabbed as in normal WME.

Also taken the opportunity to rewrite the UR/camera marker filtering code - this is now all event driven so that as you pan/zoom the map you should no longer see filtered markers flickering in and out of view.

Twister-UK

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts