Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby Magoblack2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)
Magoblack2

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 am

I think that waze should be more entertaining for those who don't edit, one time achivments are food but not good enough, they have to create competition between drivers, like assigning badges, or candys in this case the way four square does
Just a little part of my wish list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby enhket » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Not sure if it got to do anything with the candy stuff, but just to make it clear: the candy was taken out on purpose because a modification is taking place. The dashboard is still being investigated and waze will inform once it is fixed.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby twist3r » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Yes, I know I wont lose them :) my question was if the previous announce has anything to do with the delayed editing points in the dashboard. Also there are almost 2 weeks since the editing points were stopped being updated in the dashboard and it's kind of an annoying thing.
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby enhket » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm

twist3r wrote:This has anything to do with the editing points are not updated in the dashboard?
there are a lot of days since the editing points were not updated in the dashboard for some (or all) users.
If yes, when we could aspect that editing points will be up to date? thanks

Waze is investigating that. You wont lose your map edit count, so it is just a matter of time.
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby twist3r » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:50 pm

This has anything to do with the editing points are not updated in the dashboard?
there are a lot of days since the editing points were not updated in the dashboard for some (or all) users.
If yes, when we could aspect that editing points will be up to date? thanks
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby shirlig » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:47 pm

UPDATE:
the first step in the process is complete:
All edits from now are credited with 3 points. The candy is withheld.
In the upcoming days we will reimburse editors who didn't take all the candies with all the missing points. After it's done we will re-enable the candy with the new parameters - 300 points per 3000 edits.
Regarding more gaming stuff for drivers - I informed the product team that there's a huge demand for this and they will check what can be done. (also updated in the original message of the thread)

Thanks!
Shirli
shirlig
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby BigBoxGore » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 pm

shirlig wrote:Back to the original discussion: the suggested solution was to change number of points per edit from 1.5 to 3 and in addition to leave the multi-time achievement for each 3000 edits. If you think 1500 points is too much (+0.5 points per edit) - we can discuss the exact number.

I like +0.5 points per edit :D

Maybe in the future "buy" other moods or other things with points.

Regards,
BigBoxGore
Map Editor - Level 6
Map Editor - Level 6

Postby paulkok_my » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 am

foxitrot wrote:
shirlig wrote:So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.

http://youtu.be/_YQpbzQ6gzs
LOL

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 pm

shirlig wrote:So, after reading all your comments I understand that you wish to see more gaming stuff for drivers in the client.

http://youtu.be/_YQpbzQ6gzs
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor