[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby spookyx » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Is it possible that the toolbox creates out of the blue a roundabout?

It just happened to me earlier and I surely haven't touched the create roundabout button and neither I have done anything to create it. It just appeared when I tried to open an Update Request. And MY mistake, that instead of hitting undo, I hit save.

Here's the screenshot. Notice how the roundabout has not split/caught all the roads that it was dran over? All roads are at the same elevation, Ground (0). it's like the roundabout creation affected only the Primary Streets and not the regular Streets.

waze-possible-toolbox-bug.jpg
waze-possible-toolbox-bug.jpg (908.56 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Country & Community Manager România

Comunitate pe Facebook: Waze Romania Grup Discuții www.Waze.RO

Resurse: Forum RO Ghid Editare Hărți Waze Map Editor Wiki

ImageImageImage
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:18 am

Seems like a new roundabout, and the Toolbox only tampers with existing ones...

Maybe you hit 'o', that is the shortcut for creating roundabouts...
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tonestertm » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:27 am

Hi and THANK YOU for all the work you're putting in to making this Swiss Army tool work for us. Big Thanks of course, also go to all those who allowed their individual scripts to be included and those who have contributed otherwise.

[other shoe*clunk*] :D
Now, I'm seeing a slightly strange behavior. When clicking Suppress Unneeded Junctions in the same position repeatedly, the edit count continues to climb, for no apparent reason. This happens whether there were correctable junctions in or around the window or not.

1.3.5.4/1.2.2, Chrome 31.0.1650.57 m
US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 am

@tonestertm

That is not an edit count - it's a count of undoable changes. If you select a node and hold down Q you will see the same effect. When you hit Save, you will be credited with one edit for each change in the map since your last save. If you've changed to same item 500 times, you'll get 1 edit - and then only if the net results of your actions has changed it since the last save.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby tonestertm » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:33 am

iainhouse wrote:That is not an edit count - it's a count of undoable changes....

Right. I understood that, and used the wrong term. :oops: Thanks for the clarification!

So, that is an expected behavior? I don't remember "Suppress" doing that in Add-Ons, but maybe I just never tried it...?

(Never knew that about JNF, either. Just picked a node at random and saw 5 changes on the first press, then 9 additional on each subsequent press.)
US Country Manager
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm

I've noticed in the highlighting section of the tool is an entry for "dead-end roundabout." Forgive the semi-stupid question, but what is a dead-end roundabout? Aren't roundabouts, by definition, NOT a dead end? :D
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I've noticed in the highlighting section of the tool is an entry for "dead-end roundabout." Forgive the semi-stupid question, but what is a dead-end roundabout? Aren't roundabouts, by definition, NOT a dead end? :D

No, a roundabout is NOT a dead-end. A roundabout is used to connect several roads in a circular way.

When there is a dead-end (cul-de-sac), you must not draw a roundabout at the end of the segment.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby tonestertm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.
US Country Manager
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:52 am

OyyoDams wrote:No, a roundabout is NOT a dead-end. A roundabout is used to connect several roads in a circular way.

When there is a dead-end (cul-de-sac), you must not draw a roundabout at the end of the segment.

tonestertm wrote:SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.

Ah, ok, so that's what it means. I was kind-of confused about the term. Thanks for explaining it!

So, if I understand correctly, this will basically highlight a roundabout that only has one road sticking out of it?

Side note: You'd think that a Rank 4 would know better than that by the time he/she makes it that far.... :-)
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager: USA (mostly oriented around NV & CA)
Editor Guide Best Editing Practices Editor Quick-start
Places Guidelines Nevada Wiki
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby EduardoCarvajal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 am

OyyoDams,

The latest update that includes the new highlights it’s great! WME Toolbox is a must have for any serious Waze’s map editor. Thank you very much for your time and work!
ImageImageImageImage
Local Champ - Level 6
Waze Costa Rica: Wiki, Facebook, Forums
EduardoCarvajal
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts