[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby orbitc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am

doctorkb wrote:That's the first I have heard of it -- I understood all "thin red line" roads would not appear -- perhaps this is a new development, perhaps OyyoDams has the same understanding I do.
(and no, I'm not going to draw an errant one on the map just to try it out) :)

Regardless... the key to knowing which script to "blame" for something lies in disabling scripts until your issue goes away.

The scripts aren't "production" features -- they're items that have been added on by the community to support the community. If something is going haywire, you need to start disabling scripts until that stops -- not just hoping that a popup box tells you who is popping it up. Ultimately, the issue could be caused by an interaction between two scripts... so a "signed" popup doesn't necessarily even fix your concern.

doctorkb, It (A road drawn in the editor and left unconfirmed (red)) does appear in the client. I've personally tested this awhile back and confirmed it with CBenson.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• iOS: Always the latest Beta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby orbitc » Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 am

Not working at all. left panel where you set the configurations does stick. It doesn't retain the configurations such as shortcuts.
It seems like we are went backwards with this update. I think, I rather use the last version or not at all.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• iOS: Always the latest Beta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby ottonomy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:Toolbox is a very useful tool, but I'm quite upset that it is deliberately preventing me from using a different extension, even if it is no longer actively supported or has unique functionality. If Addons isn't interfering with Toolbox then let me run both. If you want to eliminate Addons completely then duplicate the functionality completely, otherwise let me run both. As it is now I'd rather run Addons because it doesn't prevent me from running other extensions.

Toolbox is a fantastic script, for which you, OyyoDams, should be greatly commended, so it pains me that my first post in this thread is of a complaining nature. Please understand how much I appreciate all your work in creating and maintaining this magnificent tool.

Yes, as Mike has suggested above, please allow us to continue using Addons in tandem with Toolbox unless or until all the features and functionality of Addons are available in Toolbox.

The "Snap dist" feature of Addons is of great importance for accurately adjusting geometry nodes in close proximity to junctions or segments, where necessary in order to produce correct navigation prompts.

Also, I find that the text based menu of Addons makes it much easier/faster for me to find the specific function I'm looking for than with the tiny icons in the Toolbox bar. Yes, there are tooltips, but they take a dreadfully long time to pop up. My eyes instantly recognize bold, high-contrast text, but I find that even when I have gotten familiar with icons, I'm much more likely to accidentally click the wrong one, than I am to click the wrong words in a menu. It's also nice to have a somewhat larger mouse target. I use a high resolution screen, and keep my browser zoomed out, so I can maximize the amount of map viewable at once. This makes the Toolbox bar VERY small. Is it possible that you could give us the option of a text based popup menu, with large, easy to read choices? I admit that I have no idea how much trouble it is to code this sort of thing, and that you don't get paid for this labor, but I would happily contribute funding, if given the opportunity!

Again, thank you for this truly exceptional tool!

Otto
Area Manager - Southern California / Country Manager - United States
ottonomy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby ottonomy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:54 pm

OyyoDams wrote:1.3.3.3
Fix: When opening configuration panel with a popup displayed, and disabling popups, the last popup doesn't disappear
Improvement: Select in land mark - large or strict selection modes
New: Permalink to Waze Livemap
New: Snapping control from WME Addons added in Toolbox configuration panel

WOW! You added almost everything I wanted during the time that it took for me to compose my last post! Thank you for the snap control!!! And the LiveMap permalink!
Area Manager - Southern California / Country Manager - United States
ottonomy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

[Script] WME Toolbox

Postby OyyoDams » Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 pm

As some of most curious users already know, I've added a brand new plugin which is called "WME Toolbox".

[EDIT: The continuation of this thread has been moved to a new thread.]
Last edited by OyyoDams on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Fri May 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Just select any segment of a roundabout, and the button should appear on the left side. If not please tell me.
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Sat May 04, 2013 7:36 am

jondrush wrote:Is this Chrome only?

It has been tested with Firefox/Greasemonkey and Chrome.
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Sat May 04, 2013 5:34 pm

New feature for all users: Auto hide left panel option! Just refresh the page if you were editing...
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Sat May 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Can you refresh and try again ?
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Sat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Argh little issue with Firefox again... looking to fix it.
- blase / jaded -
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts