[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby BugLaden » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Bump. Anyone else getting this behavior?

bugladen wrote:Firefox 25.0.1

Anytime the map is refreshed and Toolbox is initialized, the top half of the screen is filled with a black "uneditable" layer, and any UI or map problem disappears.
BugLaden

Postby BugLaden » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Wondering why L2 can't see the highlights. We DO fix these too... :(
BugLaden

Postby buryax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:43 am

OyyoDams wrote:Thanks, and for all L3 or more users, do you like new highlights ?

[ img ]

Yes. I like new highlights.

Отправлено с моего HUAWEI-U8850 через Tapatalk
buryax

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks, and for all L3 or more users, do you like new highlights ?

[ img ]
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby EduardoCarvajal » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 am

OyyoDams,

The latest update that includes the new highlights it’s great! WME Toolbox is a must have for any serious Waze’s map editor. Thank you very much for your time and work!
EduardoCarvajal
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:52 am

OyyoDams wrote:No, a roundabout is NOT a dead-end. A roundabout is used to connect several roads in a circular way.

When there is a dead-end (cul-de-sac), you must not draw a roundabout at the end of the segment.

tonestertm wrote:SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.

Ah, ok, so that's what it means. I was kind-of confused about the term. Thanks for explaining it!

So, if I understand correctly, this will basically highlight a roundabout that only has one road sticking out of it?

Side note: You'd think that a Rank 4 would know better than that by the time he/she makes it that far.... :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby tonestertm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:I've noticed in the highlighting section of the tool is an entry for "dead-end roundabout." Forgive the semi-stupid question, but what is a dead-end roundabout? Aren't roundabouts, by definition, NOT a dead end? :D

No, a roundabout is NOT a dead-end. A roundabout is used to connect several roads in a circular way.

When there is a dead-end (cul-de-sac), you must not draw a roundabout at the end of the segment.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm

I've noticed in the highlighting section of the tool is an entry for "dead-end roundabout." Forgive the semi-stupid question, but what is a dead-end roundabout? Aren't roundabouts, by definition, NOT a dead end? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby tonestertm » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:33 am

iainhouse wrote:That is not an edit count - it's a count of undoable changes....

Right. I understood that, and used the wrong term. :oops: Thanks for the clarification!

So, that is an expected behavior? I don't remember "Suppress" doing that in Add-Ons, but maybe I just never tried it...?

(Never knew that about JNF, either. Just picked a node at random and saw 5 changes on the first press, then 9 additional on each subsequent press.)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts