Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby twist3r » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Yes, I know I wont lose them :) my question was if the previous announce has anything to do with the delayed editing points in the dashboard. Also there are almost 2 weeks since the editing points were stopped being updated in the dashboard and it's kind of an annoying thing.
Country Manager Romania
Waze 3.9 - Android 5.0.2 OnePlusOne
Logo Waze România
Harta Waze România - Neoficial
ImageImage
https://www.facebook.com/TMTrafic
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby enhket » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Not sure if it got to do anything with the candy stuff, but just to make it clear: the candy was taken out on purpose because a modification is taking place. The dashboard is still being investigated and waze will inform once it is fixed.
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 am

I think that waze should be more entertaining for those who don't edit, one time achivments are food but not good enough, they have to create competition between drivers, like assigning badges, or candys in this case the way four square does
Just a little part of my wish list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ

iPhone 6S
iOS 9.1 JB
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Change in editing points

Postby fvwazing » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 am

In other words, separate scoreboards for drivers and editors. Let editors compete on editcount, drivers compete on distance driven and quantity/quality of their reports.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Magoblack2 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)

Não faça como eu, pesquise aqui antes de perguntar!
Sempre passe por este excelente tópico!

Sempre buscando melhorar e melhorar, um lema a ser seguido!
Magoblack2

Postby Snakebite625 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 pm

I guess the points for editors will be more accurate, because sometimes candies just didn't appear on the map although they should have... But still I see this as taking the 'fun' out of the 'fun navigation app'...
CM SI • Translator

iPhone 5 • iOs 7.0.4 • Waze 3.7.7.0
Cubot One • Android 4.2.1 • Waze 3.7.7.0
Like our page: https://www.facebook.com/WazeSlovenija :D
Snakebite625
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Magoblack2 wrote:I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)

I think it happens already, that's why I also think that the editable area should grow with the editor level, so there are tangible differences between levels not just a locking rank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Local Waze Champ

iPhone 6S
iOS 9.1 JB
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby antigerme » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Shirli,

Maybe the better is post this update on "Official announcements". :mrgreen:
Image AM - Salvador/L. de Freitas
Waze Blog/Facebook/G+
Aprenda em: Manual do usuário | Manual de edição | Quiz
Site oficial para sugestões: Waze Client, Website e Editor
* não me responsabilizo por danos em sua vista
antigerme
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby theclem54 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:07 am

I agree with more points for useful edits and less points for less useful edits.

The question becomes, how does Waze determine a useful and less-useful edit? A simple turn restriction can be considered a huge edit in some places and minor in others. A new road can be considered a huge edit where it links two towns but minor if it's a pointless turning lane. They won't have humans looking at each edit.
State Manager - Queensland, Australia
theclem54
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Magoblack2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:30 am

theclem54 wrote:I agree with more points for useful edits and less points for less useful edits.

The question becomes, how does Waze determine a useful and less-useful edit? A simple turn restriction can be considered a huge edit in some places and minor in others. A new road can be considered a huge edit where it links two towns but minor if it's a pointless turning lane. They won't have humans looking at each edit.

But I have a possible solution! Just scoring based on the amount of Wazers passes the location (GPS traces). Imagine several Wazers turning a street in WME is prohibited, the editor that fix will be doing something useful for the route, given that the passage there is constant! This may not benefit many who live in places where there are not many users going with Waze. But for this, the system analyzes the amount of Wazers in the region and the criterion is reduced. Another idea I've seen people closing all the curves of a street and opening again, so it saves and earns edit point, in this case, just make an analysis of the changes of user and does not give much point for those who change the same things. Good, but here is the question that will help me suggest a change ... So which method you suggested to analyze the edits?

Thanks! ;)

Não faça como eu, pesquise aqui antes de perguntar!
Sempre passe por este excelente tópico!

Sempre buscando melhorar e melhorar, um lema a ser seguido!
Magoblack2

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor