Change in editing points

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Change in editing points

Postby houstonmg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:15 pm

AndyPoms wrote:
Snakebite625 wrote:Map updates number hasn't changed for over 10 days...

http://status.waze.com/2013/11/19/intl- ... nts-delay/ & http://status.waze.com/2013/11/25/intl- ... us-update/

Perfect Andy but the points are ok. the edits count in the dashboard are frozen.
BR
MG

Saludos
MG
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Snakebite625 wrote:Map updates number hasn't changed for over 10 days...

http://status.waze.com/2013/11/19/intl- ... nts-delay/ & http://status.waze.com/2013/11/25/intl- ... us-update/
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Snakebite625 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Map updates number hasn't changed for over 10 days...
Snakebite625
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Magoblack2 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

fejesjoco wrote:I started editing about two weeks ago, I've made a few edits here and there, 50+ house numberings, all of these changes have gone live. But in the dashboards my map updates is still 0. Will I ever get points for these?

Hi guy, I've same problem here... probably this are caused by the change in point system, I'm looking for more explanation about this! If anyone can help us with this question!
Magoblack2

Postby fejesjoco » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:25 pm

I started editing about two weeks ago, I've made a few edits here and there, 50+ house numberings, all of these changes have gone live. But in the dashboards my map updates is still 0. Will I ever get points for these?
fejesjoco

Postby Magoblack2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:30 am

theclem54 wrote:I agree with more points for useful edits and less points for less useful edits.

The question becomes, how does Waze determine a useful and less-useful edit? A simple turn restriction can be considered a huge edit in some places and minor in others. A new road can be considered a huge edit where it links two towns but minor if it's a pointless turning lane. They won't have humans looking at each edit.

But I have a possible solution! Just scoring based on the amount of Wazers passes the location (GPS traces). Imagine several Wazers turning a street in WME is prohibited, the editor that fix will be doing something useful for the route, given that the passage there is constant! This may not benefit many who live in places where there are not many users going with Waze. But for this, the system analyzes the amount of Wazers in the region and the criterion is reduced. Another idea I've seen people closing all the curves of a street and opening again, so it saves and earns edit point, in this case, just make an analysis of the changes of user and does not give much point for those who change the same things. Good, but here is the question that will help me suggest a change ... So which method you suggested to analyze the edits?

Thanks! ;)
Magoblack2

Postby theclem54 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:07 am

I agree with more points for useful edits and less points for less useful edits.

The question becomes, how does Waze determine a useful and less-useful edit? A simple turn restriction can be considered a huge edit in some places and minor in others. A new road can be considered a huge edit where it links two towns but minor if it's a pointless turning lane. They won't have humans looking at each edit.
theclem54
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby antigerme » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Shirli,

Maybe the better is post this update on "Official announcements". :mrgreen:
antigerme
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DavidAbarca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Magoblack2 wrote:I particularly don't agree, because I think you can't take the changes of the map as competition. Because it is simple, many editors will change little things in various areas of the map just to get edit points. Therefore, instead of looking serious and important problems, will compete to see who edits more times, changing things that don't need to modified and forgetting what is important. Sometimes this is already happening with the current points system. So I think the system should continue as is, but the analysis of the changes of the map should be improved by giving more points for more effective and less points editions for small changes. Small changes, less points. If you know what I mean! It's just my opinion! ;)

I think it happens already, that's why I also think that the editable area should grow with the editor level, so there are tangible differences between levels not just a locking rank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts

Postby Snakebite625 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 pm

I guess the points for editors will be more accurate, because sometimes candies just didn't appear on the map although they should have... But still I see this as taking the 'fun' out of the 'fun navigation app'...
Snakebite625
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor