Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: When the final turn to a destination is a parking lot road, and the road you are on changes names at a straight intersection, the name of the first road stays on the display until the final turn, which is not the correct road name.

Situation: This location and intersection is where SW 175th Ave ends at SW Scholls Ferry Rd and SW Roy Rogers Rd takes over heading south. So, going from 175th to Roy Rogers does not require any kind of turn.

Using routing coming from the north, let's say from the northern highlighted segment to the southern on in this permalink, as soon as the turn is made onto SW 175th, Waze says my next turn is a left turn at the destination. The display on the phone shows SW 175th all the way to the final turn, even though the road I am on well before the final turn is Roy Rogers.

Why this happens: Two reasons: 1) Roy Rogers is a non-turn from 175th Ave, and 2) the parking lot road I was routing to is unnamed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by award
sketch wrote:Also, the "Always play sound to speaker" works, but ... not really as it should. Every time any Waze sound would play, the music volume would still dip, the car stereo would go silent, and both the music and the Waze sound would play over the phone's speaker. Obviously this isn't the idea behind it.
Using the 2.1 release, this option also causes Waze to ignore the mute switch on an iPhone 3G. Earlier versions already had bugs in this regard as well (road goodies in particular).
award
Send a message

Post by raredirt
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:ISSUE: "Are you in traffic" popup language isn't the correct question. Of course I am in traffic.

FIX: Ask the question you really mean to ask: "Are you stuck in traffic?" or "Are you in heavy traffic?" or "Is traffic slow or stopped?".

http://belloqsdomain.net/images/in_traffic_popup.png
I think this is intentional and actually works in it's current form. I think this is a fix to the oft spoke about drive thru or long stop light scenario where you are held up for awhile and the client automatically said there was traffic. This way if your in traffic you can say so and have it reported accordingly, if not everyone else does not get a false traffic report.

So if you ask me it just needs a clarification from the Waze staff.
raredirt
Send a message
Area manager(On sabatical): State of Kansas
Samsung Galaxy S8
2016 Chevy Volt

Post by RickW-NC
2.1 for the iPhone is in the app store now and on my iPod. I also think the popup is our "pause" button, but it is kind of a moot point now. Waze on.
RickW-NC
Send a message
Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 Waze 3.1.0.0 (Crown, AM)

Post by sketch
IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

Another thing that occurs with "Display top bar on tap": under certain circumstances, when the top bar is displayed, the map will render as if the bar were there permanently, and remain as such. I noticed this in previous versions, where the horizon would display improperly. In this version, it manifests itself as a failure to render/display tiles above a certain point:
IMG_2245.PNG
(158.06 KiB) Downloaded 2462 times
It did this until I intervened somehow—it was a couple days ago, so I'm not sure exactly. Might have zoomed in or out, or centered the map.

I can't remember what circumstance led to this exactly, but I seem to remember it happening on the old version when I used the onscreen buttons to zoom. I might be wrong, though.

Also, the "Always play sound to speaker" works, but ... not really as it should. Every time any Waze sound would play, the music volume would still dip, the car stereo would go silent, and both the music and the Waze sound would play over the phone's speaker. Obviously this isn't the idea behind it.

As I see it, this option is here to make Waze act as more of a traditional standalone GPS device while still allowing the user to listen to music from his phone over the car's stereo in a normal fashion. That is, the music should continue uninterrupted at full volume and the navigation instruction should come from the device's speaker. If this is a limitation of the iPhone's APIs, then so be it, but as it is currently programmed the option seems a bit useless.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!