Post by PhantomSoul
You get some weird results in New Jersey with highway-shield-based addresses. For example, according to the post office, addresses in NJ along federal highways should either use the word Route or the phrase US Highway - 2344 Route 130, or 2344 US Highway 130. Both ways seem to work well, but if you try to search for 2344 US-130 (or other addresses along federal routes - I've seen many, many UR's for this) you get completely unpredictable results.

The same thing happens for state highways. The post office accepts the phrase State Route - 1800 State Route 35, and it appears to find addresses that way pretty well. But put in 1800 SR-35 or 1800 NJ-35 (or other address along a state route) and you get completely unpredictable results.

Is this because neither Google nor Waze can find the address and Waze just ends up guessing at the nearest number actually defined in its system? I've seen some UR complaints epically off, even in other cities sometimes.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by russblau
CBenson wrote:I'd remove "exact" as my understanding is that the waze result is used only if Google is unable to turn up any result at all.
I've seen a couple of cases recently where Waze returns different results for the same address with slight spelling variations. E.g., in Washington DC, putting "N.W." at the end of an address may give you a different result than putting "NW". I guess that Google returns a result for one spelling and not the other.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message