Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by fmondini
berestovskyy, just saw your WME Validator script (caught a link in the italian champs chat), and after a few minutes of tests I have only one thing to say: Chapeau! :-)

Very nice work. Thank you.
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
A DirtRoad-4x4-Trail segment is connected to three and three other segments on both its ends.
WMET 3.2 wrote:Report connections: Unconnected drivable segments (all turns are restricted)
How to fix: enable at least one turn on either end of the segment

Report connections: Unconnected drivable segments (no incoming connections)
How to fix: enable at least one incoming turn on the segment
I was thinking of the wording, which was confusing for me. The segment is connected on both of its ends. If its connections are disabled using the RT arrows, it should be stated differently.

Otherwise, I liked the reporting functionality. A nice piece of work inside.

[edit] Sometimes, when zoomed out too far, the script does not stop at all, telling that it will finish in a minute...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
berestovskyy wrote:Shall I call it ... a "Drivable segment with all turns restricted"?

Yup, sounds good. And something similar for those, which turns are allowed just inwards or outwards?
berestovskyy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:[edit] Sometimes, when zoomed out too far, the script does not stop at all, telling that it will finish in a minute...
Check the error log, there must be some errors.
I will.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by HandofMadness
sketch wrote:I'm interested. It should be champs only, at least in the US. There are enough L5s around whom I've never, or very rarely, seen on the forums.
:cry:
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by htahta
Sounds promising
htahta
Send a message
[img]https:///MV4Na6[/img]
Local Champs
Country Manager Netherlands:
Benelux

Post by htahta
Just by reading the list .. I miss one Expired time restrictions. or is this something for waze to clean.
htahta
Send a message
Local Champs
Benelux

Post by htahta
For the Netherlands
Can there be a report what highlights new streets. After 1-1-2014 what have no house numbers added (displays only new streets after the import of house numbers by waze)
And second a report before 1-1-2014 to display roads with are missed by the import. (Due misspelld street names)
htahta
Send a message
Local Champs
Benelux

Post by iainhouse
Please understand that we appreciate your efforts in scripting. I can see how this script could be very useful in the right hands. The real worry is that some of this script is already "out there".

Your original post was just the basic template for scanning across a large area. I downloaded it to see what it was doing and I'm sure that many others did as well. Now that you're posting code to go "inside" the script, that's available to anyone who downloaded the original script. Also, to be honest, you're supplying ideas to the sort of people who are simply looking for ways of gaining points.

There's also a UK-specific reason for resistance to the script. The main examples you have posted so far all touch on the UK in particular ways. We have script-based access to an open government database of road names, so for UK editors, a single click will set the road name, correctly abbreviated. In combination with the Highlighting script, incorrect abbreviations are actually a very small problem. We also have most of our railroads correctly mapped, because one of our CMs blitzed most of them a while back. Finally, we have a local problem with unnecessary locking/unlocking - something we're working to bring under control.

Really, I would be far more comfortable if your script was distributed like WME-Toolbox. It sounds like you have some reasonable reservations about this. Perhaps if you got together with Oyyodams, you guys might be able to work something out. The source code for Toolbox has been made available to the global champs only for review.

As I said, we've got nothing against you, or the intentions you have with this script. It's the potential for abuse that is making people nervous.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by orbitc
iainhouse wrote:Please understand that we appreciate your efforts in scripting. I can see how this script could be very useful in the right hands. The real worry is that some of this script is already "out there".

Your original post was just the basic template for scanning across a large area. I downloaded it to see what it was doing and I'm sure that many others did as well. Now that you're posting code to go "inside" the script, that's available to anyone who downloaded the original script. Also, to be honest, you're supplying ideas to the sort of people who are simply looking for ways of gaining points.

There's also a UK-specific reason for resistance to the script. The main examples you have posted so far all touch on the UK in particular ways. We have script-based access to an open government database of road names, so for UK editors, a single click will set the road name, correctly abbreviated. In combination with the Highlighting script, incorrect abbreviations are actually a very small problem. We also have most of our railroads correctly mapped, because one of our CMs blitzed most of them a while back. Finally, we have a local problem with unnecessary locking/unlocking - something we're working to bring under control.

Really, I would be far more comfortable if your script was distributed like WME-Toolbox. It sounds like you have some reasonable reservations about this. Perhaps if you got together with Oyyodams, you guys might be able to work something out. The source code for Toolbox has been made available to the global champs only for review.

As I said, we've got nothing against you, or the intentions you have with this script. It's the potential for abuse that is making people nervous.
+1
100% agree.
We already have WME Toolbox that does very similar things. Your code requires someone comfortable with scripts and coding. It's very easy to cause major problems to the map. Interface should be different. You could include options as buttons rather those examples you had in the form above. An editor could easily make mistake entering/modifying those small scripts or have bad intentions to get points. I strongly agree with iainhouse that you should get together with Oyyodams work something together and limit distribution of this script to Champs only. I also, don't think it's enough to just ask "Not to distribute" You may have to put some kind of lock like Oyyo's script in a way that only champs could download.

Either way, I'm NOT comfortable using this at all and you can count me out. Sorry....
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!