Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 am

Rmedh wrote:Do Waze staff ever look at the forums or even respond to the comments?

They don't or rarely do, see:
Board index ‹ ! ATTENTION: READ HERE FIRST ! ‹ READ ME FIRST! General forum guidelines
This is a Community Forum

This forum is lightly monitored by Waze employees and is supported by the Waze community users. When significant issues or bugs arise, these will be made visible to Waze directly by members of the Waze Global Champs.

Read and abide theWaze employees are denoted by bold red usernames. You will find them most often posting in the App Beta threads, when there are significant issues occurring, and the regular newsletter posting. Outside of that, Waze relies on the community of Champs and other Expert users to bring significant issues to them which cannot be resolved by the community.
When Waze said they would stop WP support, they also said things could change in the future. I'm sure they've been made aware of the new solutions for apps with WP10, but at the moment their new 4.0 iOS version is still very very new and they are working hard on perfecting it, while they are still on 3.9 with Android.

I'm guessing when both iOS and Android catch up with eachother and that everything works well enough for both, they could probably start focusing on other things again.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Rmedh » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 am

Do Waze staff ever look at the forums or even respond to the comments?

Waze on IOS can be ported very easily with Islandwood to Windows 10 and it job done. No more need to 'develop' a new version.

Whats your excuse WAZE?
Rmedh

Postby RojieC » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Will the Windows 10 version reach 3.9.x after reaching mutual agreement with Microsoft recently? Since there are many Microsoft applications now offered in Google Play Store, I hope that Google would reciprocate this by offering Android functions in Windows 10 platform.

Hope that the following would be available in the near future.

1. navigation voice guide with street names
2. connecting to Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
3. route selection during en route
4. all friend related connectivity and notification
5. valid links from inbox, etc.
6. teams accessibility
7. and many more offered in iOS/Android.

Hope that the ecosystem would be parallel in functions.

Thanks and more power to this APP!
RojieC

Postby zipgenius » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Hey Waze! Sit down and lusten to me carefully.
I'm a long time Waze user. I installed it on my Galaxy S1 back in 2010, then I used it until today on my Galaxy S4 (since 2013). Now I have a Lumia 950 XL. After 5 years on Android, I decided to switch to Windows 10 Mobile because: a) it's a really enoyable and stable OS; b) Lumia 950 is a great device.
Lots of people have switched OS the same way, so Windows 10 Mobile is going to increase its market share.
It's a shame that you still offer a non-working WP8 app on Windows Store: if you really don't want us Windows users, you can simply remove your app and goodbye. We can live even without your product because there are plenty of good alternatives out there. But... the huge number of post in this thread just means one thing: people loves Waze and your decision to abandon a large group of NEW Windows users (like me) is just shameful. Now it's up to you: release a great and updated Waze app for Windows (maybe a Universal App) or just kill it, delete it from Windows store and don't advertise it in your home page anymore.
zipgenius

Postby FranseFranc » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Though I like Waze I am about to remove it from my Windows Phone and switch back to Here. I realize that the Windows Phone market is only #3 but still the number of users on Windows Phone cannot be neglected...
FranseFranc

Postby keendartfan » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:10 am

FWIW, Waze has started to work on my Lumia 640 since Christmas.

What I don't understand, is why they don't withdraw the app from Windows Store if they're not supporting it any more. Could it be they're happy to use the data we collect for them...
keendartfan

Postby carlosafonso » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:37 am

Really disapointed by waze in WP. Just got a lumia 950 after a iphone 5. I use to be a quite active waze editor. I guess I just have to switch to the windows map and edit the here map...
The G****e politics with this plateform is just boring...
carlosafonso

Re: Issues with TTS

Postby jzamarro » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 am

Is not this problem solved yet for Windows Phone?
No Voice Navigation guidance, because it gets stuck at 77% in downloading notices and 93% in preparing navigation voice.

There are many complaints about this issue, and the most common rating in the official Store is the worst available (1). Therefore, many users are leaving Waze.
jzamarro

Re: Help - Waze on Windows CE 6.0

Postby rubembader » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Snoffels wrote:Hi,

I have been successful in getting an old version of Waze (v2.0.0) for Windows Mobile running on my WinCE 6 unit. I have to delete and replace the preferences file every-time on launch to get it to connect to the internet, but it seems to be working. The fonts are too large and in the wrong place, but functional. Also, the program seem to only work in 2d mode although there seems to be an option for 3d (there is a 3d icon button under skins/defualt and an option under the user file).

Is there a later version of Waze for Wince than 2.0.0 (capable of 3d map and groups) or am I stuck in 2010?

Regards,
JP

I have the same problem on my centralmultimedia winca S100.
rubembader

Re: Help - Waze on Windows CE 6.0

Postby Snoffels » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:34 am

Hi,

I have been successful in getting an old version of Waze (v2.0.0) for Windows Mobile running on my WinCE 6 unit. I have to delete and replace the preferences file every-time on launch to get it to connect to the internet, but it seems to be working. The fonts are too large and in the wrong place, but functional. Also, the program seem to only work in 2d mode although there seems to be an option for 3d (there is a 3d icon button under skins/defualt and an option under the user file).

Is there a later version of Waze for Wince than 2.0.0 (capable of 3d map and groups) or am I stuck in 2010?

Regards,
JP
Snoffels

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App