Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby ListeningStone » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm

brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)

Like the app but the lack of voice commands for reporting is making me sad. Will this feature be added soon. :)
ListeningStone

Postby Johngalt1717 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Here's my list of things on my Lumia 928:

At first GPS was fine but the more I use it, the more Waze gets completely lost. I don't have this issue in Here Drive+. I'm constantly getting "GPS signal not available". Restart does not fix it.
    The battery gets sucked dry faster than my Droid X did under google maps, and that's saying something!
    It doesn't appear that you can delete a favorite.
    The look and feel isn't consistent. There was too much effort to keep the UI the same instead of using the device's UI. So while the map screen is fine, other screens are hard to read (i.e. reading the text while driving of the alerts when you try and flag one is almost impossible because it's white on light blue and too small). And just as bad, the preferences have this weird white box behind them instead of some sort of consistent layout. I know that that blue is the waze color, but it really should just use the system defaults including font sizing etc. I classify this as a bug because it really makes the app difficult to use and look amateurish when it doesn't need to be.

Wish List:
    Integrate with my Passport Radar detector's Bluetooth support and let me mark cops and false positives and have it update Waze as a result. This would be killer, especially if it used statistical data to mark the false positives and mute my radar detector!!!!
Johngalt1717

Recalculating Route Spinning Icon

Postby fakawi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 am

the "Recalculating Route" spinning icon layer does not disappear even after Waze has recalculated the route. Navigation continues with the spinner spinning in the foreground.
(Nokia Lumia 925)

(pressing "Back" button to shut down and then cancelling shut down will get rid of the spinner)

thanks!
fakawi

Postby lukix22 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Pre'd like to apologize for the English, I'm not very good, so I use google translator.
I have a Lumia 920 with Amber and I would like to report a few bugs in the application.

I attach pictures for better explanation.

In Figure 1 you can see that I'm not showing the whole volume icon.
Figure 2 highlights the problem with connecting to Facebook. When you click on ,,Připojit k Facebooku" nothing happens.
Figure 3 does not see the whole text how long ago I registered a translation into Czech is not complete, place off there could be vypnuto, or just stands vyp.
And with incomplete translation there are more things.

Otherwise, except for a few such novelties am very happy ;)
Attachments
wp_ss_20131122_0004.png
Figure 3
wp_ss_20131122_0004.png (134.66 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
wp_ss_20131122_0003.png
Figure 2
wp_ss_20131122_0003.png (84.7 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
wp_ss_20131122_0002.png
Figure 1
wp_ss_20131122_0002.png (128.61 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
lukix22

Postby dowoey » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 am

Hi guys,

I come from Indonesia, I use windows phone and I found a little problem on the map as shown below ...

Bandung
Setiabudi area

It's a bug or what? And 1 more thing, i cant login to my facebook account...
Thx..
Attachments
wp_ss_20131129_0001.png
wp_ss_20131129_0001.png (123.75 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
dowoey

Postby PJStocker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

:D
brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)

The instructions say to go to voice commands, but this does not show up on the settings list as it does in the instructions
PJStocker

Postby radicchibelotto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 am

Hi! Thanks for bringing waze for windows phone! Great app!

I am getting the battery drain issues. I got in a WP8 community that the battery drain bugs is happening at Lumia 920. Lots is similar complains

my phone got extremely hot and my car charger can't keep it!!! I use here drive too and the battery consuming is really lower!!!
radicchibelotto

Postby rallyrabbit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for bringing the App to WP8, so far it is stable.

One issue, Nokia 820 hardware running OS 8.0.10328.78. Waze App (latest on the Marketplace) 3.7.3.208.

1) When a route is started, it calculates the route well. When the go button is pressed there is no "Let's get started, Drive Safe" message like on Android or IOS. Though this may be normal.

2) When a route/navigation is active, the navigation button still says navigation. There is no way to cancel an currently navigated routed unless you choose a new route or you close the app entirely and re-open it.
rallyrabbit

Postby rallyrabbit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Another small issue. At least on the Nokia 820 and 920. When using zoom based on speed, when it zooms out at 45mph/70kmh, you can no longer see most roads other than major roads. I have been doing a side by side comparison with Android on a Galaxy S-III to compare the map zoom. The WP8 app definitely zooms out and loses road focus while the android app does not.
rallyrabbit

Postby Revdre » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:56 pm

My 920 is also getting insanely hot. Another issue I have is that I can not turn off the voice prompts. Even if I turn the volume down it still blasts out at full volume. On android I was able to silence all alerts via the app.
Revdre

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App