Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by kodi75
Still, taking the time to reach out to the OP (if their message doesn't provide enough information to find the problem) should be worth more than doing a "wq" on random junctions, as some would do just to gain points.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Maybe you could bring this up in your annual meeting (or sooner)?

Thanks.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
I've been reading this thread for a while and not commenting because I'm a relative newbie and still absorbing the culture. And I know conditions near me aren't the same as they are world-wide, so my experience with Waze may be dramatically different than users in other areas.

If I'm going to make a change/edit to the map, I visit the place in person, even if I've been there before. (That doesn't apply to bug fixes, that doesn't always apply. I don't have to visit a place in person to see that a junction isn't joined correctly in the system. The map isn't the territory.)

I'm seeing comments here about how easy it is to rack up edits, and 1,000 edits per day... And comments about how Google Maps errors are being brought into Waze because people aren't checking things out in person.

On the flip side, I'm seeing people say how editors shouldn't have to drive to get points. And hey, if they know the area well enough (and there are some places outside of the area I'm allowed to edit that I know well enough to do so, I just haven't been there in the last 3 months via car) then more power to them.

But overall I think linking the ability to edit to where you've driven recently is a very good thing!

I just wonder HOW some people can rack up that many legitimate edits a day. I"m not saying they can't, as conditions around the globe are very different, and my area is very well mapped. And to be honest, I like it like that. It means I'm getting some damned good data on my GPS.

As for the candies, I've been waiting for a few for a while. But on another current thread, it's been shown to be a bug that's being worked on. But after that, I'll probably get no more except through edits for months, if not longer. So to help encourage the drivers, I'd like to propose a "Driving for X days in a row" candy, possibly located off the main route. Sure, I might miss a few because I'm short on time and on the way to work, but I think it might help encourage the drivers, which is where Waze get's it's data.

It's just a thought. And an opinion. It's like something else... Everyone has one. I might even be wrong, who knows? I just thought I'd throw this out there for the general reaction.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
Yeah, they said they are working on a bug. When they are complete, the points will reappear.

My point haven't updated in 3 days, and haven't received a couple of the candies I qualify for. When they do, I'll get my shield and 2nd level editor) after I submit the request... But I don't sweat it because from a practical standpoint of what I can do it makes virtually no difference, and things will catch up in time.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
AndyPoms wrote:
Snakebite625 wrote:Map updates number hasn't changed for over 10 days...
http://status.waze.com/2013/11/19/intl- ... nts-delay/ & http://status.waze.com/2013/11/25/intl- ... us-update/
Silly question... In this context does IL stand for Israel or Illinois?
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
Snakebite625 wrote:IL stands for Israel. ;)
As a country code, yes. I'm asking in context of this post, as it's been almost 5 days since I'e seen an update in points/edits. And yes, I happen to be in Illinois, USA.

I know it will happen eventually, so I'm not worried about it. But since this is the first time map edits have taken more than 24 hours to hit the client, since I started editing, I got curious... (4+ days in this case.)
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
I ran across an interesting bug due to the change in editing points. But I wasn't fast enough to get a screen capture.

When I started Waze this morning, I got a bar at the top for a few moments saying words to the effect of, "Congrats on 3000 edits! Have a 750 point candy!" (The candy that I received was only 300 points.)

Iphone 5, running the latest iOS and the latest version of Waze.

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by linus71
My thought

Actually I have verified that the system of bonus candies, didn't work properly

Honestly I would have preferred a system that would reward the editors only with candies (maybe 2 candies every 500 edits) to "force" the editors to drive.

Many young editors, make mistakes so trivial, which I think some of them don't use Waze while driving :cry:
linus71
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lopaolo69
Is not possible to you to solve the issue?
Have you all the know-how of G-Mother and nobody can give you a suggestion?

After forgot the season candy, now the last candy we can eat on the road are deleted.
What is remaining? It seems only traffic information for G-Maps in NA :(

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by lopaolo69
Please, I don't want any points anymore.
I'm editing because It's funny, it's give me a great sensation because I made something useful for all the drivers, so I don't need points.
Please, don't give me points when I edit a road.

Paolo
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message