Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by dknight212
CTGreybeard wrote:BTW, URO seems to be loading very reliably the past few days. I wonder if there wasn't some sort of backend change that happened ...
Probably because WME itself is not working well :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Chris, I've been having a very odd issue with URO for a few weeks and no-one I know can reproduce it. But I've now installed on Chrome rather than Chromium and still getting the problem, perhaps it's interference with another extension. But just in case you've seen it before or know what the issue is without me digging around here we go:

Sometimes (usually very often but not all the time), URO will try to fire up multiple copies of itself in the left hand box. At the moment I can only get it to do it in the beta but I'm sure I'm not imagining it happening in the production one too. In the console I get repeated:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null wme_uroverview.1.39.user.js:377
uroFilterURMarkers wme_uroverview.1.39.user.js:377
uroEnableIgnoreListControls wme_uroverview.1.39.user.js:221
uroTenthSecondTick
eventually leading to
UROverview: catch problems layer add
Any thoughts?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Twister-UK wrote:
dknight212 wrote:Any thoughts?
It's error reports like this that make programmers weep with joy - the only thing that could have made it any better was if you'd fixed the code for me :D

The "white background" option requires access to one of the map layer elements in order to change the background colour, and it seems like on your system this layer isn't set up by the time URO acts on the option setting during script startup. I've tweaked the code so that it tests for the layer existence before trying to change the colour, and I'll upload a new version tonight.
Thanks, that sounds great.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Thanks I'll check it tomorrow against my setup since I'm the only one reporting the issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Twister-UK wrote:1.40 now tests for the existence of the map background layer before attempting to meddle with it...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Chrome packaged version: http://crx.chizzum.com/UROverview.crx
So far so good ...
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
dknight212 wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:1.40 now tests for the existence of the map background layer before attempting to meddle with it...

Firefox+Greasemonkey version: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186
Chrome packaged version: http://crx.chizzum.com/UROverview.crx
So far so good ...
Famous last words. Doesn't seem to be filtering at all! Any diagnostics that might be useful?

Edit: this is just in the beta. Production WME is fine.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
foxitrot wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Is it possible to filter out UR's which I am the last commenter on? [...]

Also, being able to filter on ones which I'm the last commenter and older than 7 days would make it easy to keep UR's closed out which aren't getting responses.
This is useful one filter I was also looking for :) (for LMUR as well)
For what it's worth, I set these:

Hide URs including: roadworks
Case insensitive
With no comments from me
Last comment less than 7 days ago

That way, it hides the URs that label long term roadworks (it's a UK thing and remember to switch off when examining disconnections etc), hides URs others have commented on, and hides ones with comments but not yet "matured". My workflow is then scan for matured URs and deal, scan for new uncommented ones and deal. To deal with new comments I have to switch off the 7 days search so it would be better to have an extra option to hide only "Last comment from me".
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Chris, you are a genius.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:In production WME, UROverview and Tim's highlighting interfaces kind of play ok together, but that left side area becomes quite messy. So far, functionality is fine.
Not too bad with the show/hide button though
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Not too bad with the show/hide button though
It's not terrible, but with both showing, it goes beyond the screen height (for this monitor) and covers everything over there. Workable, but it's quite crowded. If Mike can get the OK for inclusion in the WazeBar, the way that tool is giving access to these cool scripts is much cleaner. I look forward to that.
Yeah too tall for mine too, before he split the UR and camera features onto two tabs this one alone was too tall for my monitor! Is the WazeBar available for Chrome yet?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status