Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by IanM1960
I've just been referred to this thread as I'm having routing problems with virtually every cross-London destination that I've tried. My start point is Richmond-Upon-Thames. I've tried routes to Swanley, Orpington and Wilmington and they've all failed so far.
IanM1960
Send a message

Post by IanM1960
dknight212 wrote:
ianmanning wrote:I've just been referred to this thread as I'm having routing problems with virtually every cross-London destination that I've tried. My start point is Richmond-Upon-Thames. I've tried routes to Swanley, Orpington and Wilmington and they've all failed so far.
Ian, sorry not to have responded to this until now. I don't know how I missed your post. Are these routes failing all the time or just weekdays? If all the time then I expect it might be an issue with your starting position. I've seen a similar issue with a crescent looped back on itself that I thought was the general London issue until we tinkered with the segment. It now routes fine. If on the other hand, the routes fail in peak times then I would think it's the general problem.
I just tried the same route again and this time it calculated OK. Does this suggest that the problem I was having before was due to load on the server?
IanM1960
Send a message

Post by kayveedw
Just now tried to get a route from Hendon, NW London to a Kingston upon Thames postcode and it fails. If I use the town name rather than postcode, I get a route but the alternatives stop short of the destination flag.

Time and date as per post, 7:45 Monday morning.
kayveedw
Send a message
Hertfordshire based close to London with frequent trips to Manchester.
Waze (latest) * Android 11 * Chrome (latest) * Windows 10

Post by kayveedw
Just to let you know I am currently having problems using live map to route from Pinner to Streatham. I know its an ongoing problem, just adding another example. Also this is 15:00 on a weekday so not rush hour, that I know of.

EDIT: Cannot use client to find a route either. I am not at Pinner at present so using that as the destination.
kayveedw
Send a message
Hertfordshire based close to London with frequent trips to Manchester.
Waze (latest) * Android 11 * Chrome (latest) * Windows 10

Post by kwb78
I had this problem the other day. I travelled from Hornchurch RM11 to near Kingston SW15 in the morning, and couldn't get a route in the app or on the live map. I had used the live map the night before and it found it with no problem.

I was able to get a route initially by setting an end point part the way through the journey on New Kent Road. I tried the original destination once I had reached the A13 near Limehouse link and then it did find a route all the way.

For the return journey in the afternoon I was able to initially get a route all the way, but when I tried to add a local supermarket as a stop it failed to find any route at all. If I separated it into two journeys then it worked OK.
kwb78
Send a message

Post by nickdavies
It was working fine this morning (8am, CR5 -SW7) for the first time in I don't know how long, and with an ETA which was only 10 minutes short of reality (it's usually more like half an hour wrong in the morning peak). Be interested to see what happens at home time. Normal behaviour is that it starts working after I've gone a mile or two, making me think it's any trip over about 12 miles that throws it.
nickdavies
Send a message

Post by nickdavies
It was fine again tonight, 5:30pm, SW7 to near Reigate. Maybe they've got it licked touch wood?
nickdavies
Send a message

Post by NorfolkMustard
Ah. That's why it couldn't connect to the routing server early this morning about 7:30. I ended up using google maps, which I must say has a very clear voice.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by PablitoGordito
I'm also getting "Could not find route" errors when navigating from Canary Wharf E14 to Feltham TW14 and back. After trying for a few a minutes I sometimes manage to get a route. Could it be busy servers at rush hour?
PablitoGordito
Send a message

Post by PablitoGordito
dknight212 wrote:
mrgrieves wrote:I'm also getting "Could not find route" errors when navigating from Canary Wharf E14 to Feltham TW14 and back. After trying for a few a minutes I sometimes manage to get a route. Could it be busy servers at rush hour?
Waze have not been entirely forthcoming with why this might be happening. I understand that they have put in some more resources but I think there is a bigger issue with the sheer complexity of providing the quickest (or a good approximation) route in London at peak times. I hope that I am proved wrong.

Do your problems occur at peak or all the time?
I have only really tried at peak times. It seems that if I try and get a route a mile or two after my journey begins I have more luck.
PablitoGordito
Send a message