Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby dowoey » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:45 am

Hi guys,

I come from Indonesia, I use windows phone and I found a little problem on the map as shown below ...

Bandung
Setiabudi area

It's a bug or what? And 1 more thing, i cant login to my facebook account...
Thx..
Attachments
wp_ss_20131129_0001.png
wp_ss_20131129_0001.png (123.75 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
dowoey

Postby dsoltesz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

linking to facebook is not working in wp8
dsoltesz

Postby dvdstelt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 am

Since a few days Waze continuous to crash when navigating more than a few km/miles. Short distances work, but larger distances the app just crashes and closes. Even on longer distances, it can map the drive and starts showing the way, but it immediately crashes. Every single time. A friend of mine has the same problem.
dvdstelt

Postby dvdstelt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:22 am

The problem is alternative routes. If Waze notices a traffic jam on the route, it tries to find alternatives and crashes. You can check for yourself by doing any route and than press the bottom-bar and select alternative routes on the menu that pops up. It immediately crashes.

One thing I haven't figured out is, that it seems to work without gps signal or something. On the road I can never get Waze working. It keeps crashing and crashing. But from inside my house it seems to work from time to time. Maybe it's lack of GPS signal. Maybe it's wifi connection. No idea. But once it's working and I get on the road, it'll look for alternatives again by itself, but doesn't crash anymore.

I just Google would give up their fear for Microsoft and fix Waze for Windows Phone.

Because fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to ... suffering!
dvdstelt

Postby dwbmb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 pm

I have a problem events that have lets say 5 or more comments and the area of text added but users squeezes out the Comment button from the screen. So I cannot reply. Have someone even betatested this app? Or is actual version in fact betatest (especially voice navigation ignoring distances before turns points out that no one really drove with this app at all)?
dwbmb

Postby EB87Happy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm

When do we have an update for the Windows Phone app ?
EB87Happy

Postby ee61re » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:43 am

The battery usage is the major issue on my L920.

I don't have the same issue with other mapping, satnav or gps based apps such as Nokia Here Drive+, or Endomondo, so it is most likely fixable in Waze, hopefully pretty soon.

Rob
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.
ee61re

Postby ee61re » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

As mentioned above, an updated version is available today, just installing it now.
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.
ee61re

Postby enriquersc » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 pm

First thank you for your great work. I have a problem, when I navigate, my Nokia Lumia 820 Windows Phone 8 overheats, I notice the same issue on my iPhone 4S, did you see that?, excuse me for my bad english, I'm from Guatemala
enriquersc

Postby EricLogsdon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:56 pm

Ronchunn wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Devs, please reconsider updating the WP app...at least respond to your users in this thread and tell us the score.

I don't normally post "me-too" messages, but in this case I'll make an exception. I've used Waze for over two years, first on Android and then on Windows Phone 8.x. I love Waze, but the Windows Phone version is kinda hinky. It also appears that changes have been made to the underlying server infrastructure that are causing issues. I would dearly love for a Waze update to parity with the Android and iPhone versions. I would even be willing to pay a modest price for the app.

Eric.
EricLogsdon

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App