Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby catinthedryer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I've noticed that when I change residential location markers in Google map editor the changes typically post immediately…changes in the location of business (or public) markers goes into review. I was reviewing local changes last week and came across what appears to be a local tagging crew marking its turf
catinthedryer

Postby txemt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:54 pm

mapcat wrote:But like CBenson says, if it isn't locked, I try to fix it in Google Mapmaker, and so far most of my edits have been approved.

Because of my refusal to add my real name to my Google profile, Google has limited my access to doing other things on Google up to and including making any edits in the mapmaker. This weekend, I've finally put my name onto my account, but I'm going through a "review" so they can make sure I am who I say I am and my Google account is still restricted, so......good luck on my end for changing the map. :)
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Olestas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:30 pm

I just report wrong address through google maps Report problem. It is usually fixed within a week.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mapcat » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:50 pm

txemt wrote:When Google fixes the issue that I reported in Atlanta over Thanksgiving, and the two in Miami the following week, then maybe I'll change that answer, but they haven't fixed 3 of mine, yet.

I've been waiting even longer for them to move the pin for Port Columbus International Airport to the terminal area instead of a restricted area in a maze of warehouses. Routing to that spot first adds at least 20 minutes to the trip to the terminal.

But like CBenson says, if it isn't locked, I try to fix it in Google Mapmaker, and so far most of my edits have been approved.
mapcat

Postby CBenson » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:02 am

I always try to fix the location with the third party. So my response is to ask what location they were routing to.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby txemt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:09 am

txemt wrote:Waze gets its addresses from 3rd party clients. You'll have to contact Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc to have that changed.

That's pretty much what I use. When Google fixes the issue that I reported in Atlanta over Thanksgiving, and the two in Miami the following week, then maybe I'll change that answer, but they haven't fixed 3 of mine, yet.
txemt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bgodette » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 am

Thortok2000 wrote:I assume the road name is already entered into Waze correctly?

I don't get why some users report things like 'no stop sign' or 'missing sign', it's like...that's the road, not Waze. What are you reporting exactly? *scratches head*

Maybe they want us to report it to the department of transportation.

I would reply and say "The issue with the sign should be reported to your local DoT. You can contact them at blah blah blah"
"Dial 311"
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Thortok2000 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I assume the road name is already entered into Waze correctly?

I don't get why some users report things like 'no stop sign' or 'missing sign', it's like...that's the road, not Waze. What are you reporting exactly? *scratches head*

Maybe they want us to report it to the department of transportation.

I would reply and say "The issue with the sign should be reported to your local DoT. You can contact them at blah blah blah"
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby elle-emme » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Problem: missing sign - Carmen Dr

The missing sign in question? Half-ripped off an overpass by a semi three months ago. I don't know what exactly they want me to do about it...
elle-emme

Postby sockslabs » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Problem: I live on XXX drive, Worcester, MA. I am told when turning onto XXX that in 0.50 of a mile take a right. I should be told to take a left because that is my street. not to go right & then left. a clear error. I've lived here 27yrs.

I'm sorry, but you're not qualified to leave this UR. You must have 30 years of experience in a given area in order to report problems. Please come back in 3 years when you're ready.

This was actually one of the most detailed UR's I've seen in a while, I trimmed it a bit for comedic value. The left onto his street was un-disabled, fixed, solved.

I think all reports should collect some demographic data, like the number of years driving experience in that area. :-)
sockslabs
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor