Numerous Speed Cameras Reported

Post by godandicharles
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the map lately and there are numerous speed cameras being reported and are awaiting approval by us. My guess is that they're reporting the CCTV cameras that were installed around the area (mainly by the Hyatt and along Wrightson Road), but I'm seeing them being reported along other areas in Barataria and environs.

I know that the government was planning on installing speed cameras, but have they done so already, and can anyone confirm the locations?

As an experiment, I will approve at least 5 of the speed cameras meanwhile, so we can allow them to show up on the live map, and double check the accuracy of these reports, and decide whether they are indeed CCTV cameras or Speedcams.
godandicharles
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:14687472

Send a message

Post by felohidalgo
Don't worry about the cameras reports, they delete themself's each 14 days if no ones marks them as real.
Also the points you make from reports would not help you to rise your level, cause the level are base on edits only.
Regards
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by VAPothole
I am not seeing these speed or red light cameras or red light cameras at any location *Except* for the one at Wrightson Road Eastbound at Dock Road. The RED LIGHT camera is on the pavement, close to the Capital Plaza swimming pool. But on the WAZE map someone has marked it as a SPEED camera.

I strongly believe that someone is inadvertently posting the white observation cameras.

There are also red light cameras being posted in areas where there are no cameras or traffic lights!! I therefore think that someone is trying to boost their Waze points to try to get to Level 2.

If there is a way to communicate directly with the people posting these, I would recommend doing so.

VAPothole
VAPothole
Send a message