Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby bsbonney » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Unfortunately, not only are they not supporting Windows Phones, they are actively blocking it. Waze has refused to allow me to log in on my Windows 8 phone for several months. I tried resetting but no joy. I suggest people try the Inrix app on Windows phones.
bsbonney

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby BryceCampbell » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:18 am

Looks like there is a bug in the recent "bug fixes" update --

Same issue here, crashes on startup, even tried reinstalling the app

Lumia 920 WP 8.1 Denim

Does anyhow have any information on if we will get a new update soon?
Home Base: Kamloops, BC
Area Manager: Across British Columbia, Canada -- Kamloops, Metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island, North Thompson, Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert
Beta Tester - WME and Android (Blackberry dtek50)

ImageImageImage
BryceCampbell
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bryanabaya » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Am I reading this correctly or is this a typo "Windows Phone v3.7.6"?

I have looked, re-read and refreshed Windows Store and what I am seeing is my current version which is 3.7.4.5.

I am not sure if this has been posted/answered by anyone else, but does the WP8.1 version of Waze really not auto-rotating? I have tried reconfiguring its settings, but it does not seem to change the screen orientation to landscape.
bryanabaya

Re: Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported

Postby brumbrumspeedy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 am

I’ve been using Waze for some time now and its one, if not the best sat nave app out there. Unfortunately, now the Windows Mobile 10 Waze application is no longer being updated leave us with a real chicken and egg scenario. The Waze team is saying that they won’t update the application until they see an increase in numbers of users but how is this ever going to happen unless the app is updated :o(

I’m posting this to show my support for continued development for the Windows Mobile 10 platform.

Waze team, is there any chance for an occasional update for Windows Mobile platform if its currently not cost effective to keep right up-to-date with the Android or Apple versions?

Kind regards
brumbrumspeedy

Postby BruDudeEd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:58 am

jct02 wrote:
stelling28 wrote:
josefec wrote:But do you mean that when you connect once on any device, you’ll then be connected on all devices?

Correct, that is how I did it. It is the link between your Waze and Facebook accounts that need to be set.

Is there something wrong with Waze? Connected my FB account on Waze Android , and can't see any info on scoreboard on friends tab of both Waze Windows Phone and Android.

Same problem here...after 2 months I suddenly cannot access fb friends on iphone

waze ver: 3.7.7.0

iphone ver: 7.0.6
BruDudeEd

Postby bricot » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:57 pm

zkteh wrote:Here's the reply from waze team when I try to report an issue in waze via Windows Phone.

Dear Wazer,
Thank you for contacting Waze.

New versions of the Waze app are not currently optimized for the Windows Phone platform, since the vast majority of Waze users are on iOS or Android devices. We are monitoring the Windows Phone install rate and will certainly reconsider if there is significant uptake.

Thanks,

The Waze Support Team

If you think like that, the installation rate will become lesser and lesser. Because the problem is outdated Waze caused problem to them. If you see the top rated app, there's 100k of reviews and that's only reviews rate.

And every WP fan knows the thing is that Google is actually controlling Waze even they claimed that they are self maaged after the acquisition from Google.

To conclude,
" Scroogled Waze: No plans for Windows Phone app update "

Still hopping in Windows 10.

Exactly - not going to run it on my WP when it doesn't work well...nor would I recommend it to my friends that use WP's - poor logic.
bricot

Postby bricot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Maybe for Windows 10 phones?
bricot

Postby BoxSoft » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Qyv42 wrote:
BoxSoft wrote:There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike

Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. For me, it definitely starts Waze and feeds it the information. Waze then starts giving directions without further input. I just tried the Here+ app, and it wanted me to press Start first. ;)
BoxSoft

Postby BoxSoft » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 pm

I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.
BoxSoft

Postby BoxSoft » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:31 pm

coinneach wrote:Why is there no integration with the People hub?

There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike
BoxSoft

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App