Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby rucaryl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm from Peru and i can assure you that here in Peru there are a lot of windows phone users that would love to have an update for waze. Come on google, think about windows 10 and the opportunity that it is for expanding the service.
rucaryl

Postby Sheppounet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:23 am

I ask for an update on WP.
I know the "fight" Google/MS, i know they say no more support ... But i ask for it.

I like Windows Phone devices, i don't want to change and i prefer if Waze is usable on it. So i add another voice for an update of Waze on Windows Phone...
Sheppounet

Postby mkriukov » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 pm

oh well.. I saw that support stopped... so my question is - anyone knows a good "waze type" app with windows phone support?
mkriukov

Postby vince1612 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:29 pm

mkriukov wrote:Since google are so not user friendly - anyone recommend an app similar to Waze? It's about community and not about google/vs/Microsoft fight. such a shame that from a great product waze we have something that barely works on mobile device.

I would have said HERE maps before, but:
March 15th 2016 - theverge.com - "Here Maps drops support for Windows Phone and Windows 10"

Even Whatsapp stopped supporting part of WP recently... I guess it's not just Waze.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mkriukov » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Since google are so not user friendly - anyone recommend an app similar to Waze? It's about community and not about google/vs/Microsoft fight. such a shame that from a great product waze we have something that barely works on mobile device.
mkriukov

Postby RojieC » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 am

But recently Google has patched up its different with Microsoft that is why the latter is releasing more apps and frequent updates. Hoping that the former would cordially respond to this by at least upgrading their existing apps in the Windows store, even delay their Google+, GMail, YouTube and their other apps. Yes, I've heard that last year but still hoping a change of heart would lead symbiotic co-existence of their platforms, sharing information regardless of phone OS. The least would be fix soon those problems reported, if other features would take time to integrate.
RojieC

Postby vince1612 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:34 am

@RojieC

Windows Central wrote:We might never see another update to Waze on Windows Phone. At least that's what we've heard directly from Waze on Twitter. Waze is a popular navigation app that offers turn-by-turn navigation, user-submitted speed traps and more. It's a highly popular app with millions of users who prefer it over other navigation services. The thing is Google bought the company last summer, and we know friendly Google is towards Windows Phone.

A Windows Phone Waze user asked the company via Twitter whether or not development of the Windows Phone app had stopped. Here's the response from the company:

"There are no plans for an update as of now but things can always change."

There you have it. The last update for Waze on Windows Phone came out in February of this year. It might just be the last update made for the app on Windows Phone since there are no plans. The tweet from Waze is over a month old, but there's no reason to suggest their plans have changed.

[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby arvesynd » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 pm

I've been using Waze since 2010, starting out on iOS then moving on to Android.
After switching to Windows Phone a couple of months back, the experience has deteriorated severely, and it's a real shame.

Waze could need all the active users they can get, and the WP app is pretty much too broken for day to day use - recalculating route does not disappear, etc.

Now that Waze 4.0 is being released on Android, I do hope that some of the devs will take another look at the WP app - either that, or they should just remove the app from Windows Store completely.
arvesynd

Postby cassio-alves » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:50 am

WP community use Here Drive+
cassio-alves

Postby durocshark » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:38 pm

So I found a solution to the WP problem.

I no longer run Waze on my WP.

No, I didn't trade my beloved Lumia 950 in for something with a fruit on it. Instead, I installed an Android head unit on my car. While I love WP, and would pay a premium for a Windows 10 Mobile based head unit, they don't exist. But capable android based HUs are out there for around $300.

Having Waze (and Pandora, and podcasts and...) run directly in my car makes a huge difference.

Waze's lack of support for WP is frustrating. But until Google... errrr... Alphabet... decides to support WP adequately, there's not much else I can do.
durocshark

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App