Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sublimese » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 am

Lumia 920
Been using almost 2 weeks, roughly 2 hours per day.

Issues:
1) Phone completely shuts down. Happens roughly every other day. Must hold down power button for 3 sec to get phone to start back up.
2) traffic colors are inconsistent. Road color coding to indicate speed is spotty at best.
3) Other waze-ers icons on map do not move. Its as though waze takes a snapshot at a point in time and shows that to you until you leave the range of that snap at which point it takes another snap.
4) the notification that another waze-er has thanked you occasionally repeats over and over, requiring waze to be restarted to clear.
5). Occasionally while using a BT headset for a phone call while waze is navigating, waze's turn by turn instructions queue up, then spew out in 1 long stream as soon as the phone hangs up.
sublimese

Postby sublimese » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:40 am

However, thank you for the app. It was the one app I missed when I went from iPhone to windows phone.
sublimese

Postby gerben » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

rallyrabbit wrote:Thanks for bringing the App to WP8, so far it is stable.

One issue, Nokia 820 hardware running OS 8.0.10328.78. Waze App (latest on the Marketplace) 3.7.3.208.

1) When a route is started, it calculates the route well. When the go button is pressed there is no "Let's get started, Drive Safe" message like on Android or IOS. Though this may be normal.

2) When a route/navigation is active, the navigation button still says navigation. There is no way to cancel an currently navigated routed unless you choose a new route or you close the app entirely and re-open it.

1: no idea...
2: you can cancel navigation by pressing the navigation bar at the bottom.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby nutshatsinsich » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:01 pm

For me the App works fine and does what I expected. The problem is indeed the incredible energy-consumption on my Samsung Ativa S. With Waze it does merely take an hour to suck it totaly empty.
nutshatsinsich

Postby Mrcolobus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm

New to Waze, interesting app but haven't found it too useful yet (lack of users in Kent perhaps?) but still find it interesting!

I'm using a Lumia 820 and have the following issues.

1) Voice volume not changing regardless of setting in app, would ideally like a mute button on the navigation screen.
2) Other Wazers are static on the map, is this how it is on all devices?

Interestingly no issues with keeping up with charge using CR-200 holder. Gets warm but that's normal using any of the more 'intensive' apps in my experience.
Mrcolobus

Postby nzahn1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Mrcolobus wrote:Other Wazers are static on the map, is this how it is on all devices?

This is normal. I'm not sure if its done to reduce load on the server or to protect privacy, but Wazer's locations are updated only periodically, not live. You will notice you are "leap-frogging" back and forth with other Wazer's when you are close by.
nzahn1
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby steelcobra » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 am

The Waze app is seriously not working right in WP8 yet. Just tried using it on my up to date Lumia 920 plugged into a car charger to drive from Minneapolis to Fargo. Less than 2 hours in it went to power save mode, and was hot when I pulled it. The app is clearly overdriving the phone for no discernible reason.

I loved this app on iOS, but as long as its performance is this abysmal why should I use it instead of Drive+?

Also: screen rotation would be an extremely welcome addition.
steelcobra

Postby dsoltesz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

linking to facebook is not working in wp8
dsoltesz

Postby ee61re » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:43 am

The battery usage is the major issue on my L920.

I don't have the same issue with other mapping, satnav or gps based apps such as Nokia Here Drive+, or Endomondo, so it is most likely fixable in Waze, hopefully pretty soon.

Rob
Rob

Usually found wazing somewhere around Selsey / Chichester, or up the A3 towards Bordon.
ee61re

Postby stinkypantz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:40 pm

no issues on my lumia 520, just wish is had more features (voices? voice recognition?)
stinkypantz

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App