[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.5 Nov 2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Postby Kuhlkatz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am

top_gun_de wrote:Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...

It's always been common practice to reduce H-type intersection lengths to avoid u-turns. As far as I know 15m is only confirmed for NA server. For ROTW server it has to be 10m, unless this changed recently.

The support section for Penalties discusses sharp angled turns comprising of 3 segments.

top_gun_de wrote:Anyway, we are moving away from the purpose of this thread 8)

I'm sure Tim can forgive us this little 'indulgence' [/OT]
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 4.4.2, v5.11.401.10)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Olestas » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 am

For Latvia (INTL) we need segment to be about 17m for U-turn to work. So it would be great to highlight short segments, or even allow to input length under which it needs to be highlighted.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby top_gun_de » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...

It's always been common practice to reduce H-type intersection lengths to avoid u-turns. As far as I know 15m is only confirmed for NA server. For ROTW server it has to be 10m, unless this changed recently.

Maybe it's country-related. In Germany, we have just found two cases where 13m were not enough.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby top_gun_de » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:16 pm

I inquired through the staff, and got the answer that 15m or more should work, and below it depends on "many complicated thresholds". So, highlighting intermediate segments below 15m would be a good function for the highlighterscript.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dondesta » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 am

At userscripts.org :

WME Color Highlights
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050 by "Timbones", last updated Nov 27 version 1.7.4

WME Color Highlights
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/184704 by "zuny alen", last updated Dec 21 no version number

Why the same name?, Are they the same script? :?: :?:
Saludos.
by Dondestaen Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.Puntos >300K.
ImageImage
Dondesta

Postby Kuhlkatz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Dondesta wrote:At userscripts.org :

Why the same name?, Are they the same script? :?: :?:

It's a 'hack' attempt that seems to try and trace your footsteps . The scripts are definitely not the same.
Just follow Timbones' links in this thread and you should be OK. Better to use Chrome & the Chrome store,.

With other scripts by the same author named 'How can hack facebook fan page' even the most gullible person would likely think twice before installing this.

Is there any way to report blatant hacks of scripts on userscripts.org? Doubt it, but I was not signed in when I checked it on my mobile.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 4.4.2, v5.11.401.10)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Atuuu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi,

Timbones, could You please review and add these new features:
1) filter roads by elevation level (some time ago also asked to Oyyodams, but this is still in his wishlist...
2) filter roads (landmarks) by country, as I have problem (not the first time) when 10km and even more from Latvia/Estonia border primary country is wrong. Maybe there are some segments with wrong country what could cause this and such functionality could be VERY useful.

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby svx-biker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Atuuu wrote:2) filter roads (landmarks) by country, as I have problem (not the first time) when 10km and even more from Latvia/Estonia border primary country is wrong. Maybe there are some segments with wrong country what could cause this and such functionality could be VERY useful.

Mainly Landmarks are quite hard to find and they have an impact even in the lowest zoom level. If I have some landmarks with wrong country (often shown as "no address") the chat goes into that country even if miles away from the border.

Edit: If you need an area to see/test what I mean here you go: Zoom=0 east of Zürich (Switzerland). You see lots of forest landmarks and some of them seem to be allocated to Germany. That's why you'll find yourself in the chat for Germany instead of Switzerland. Landmarks are selectable even in Zoom=0.

Here is a permalink with such a landmark selected: Landmark with Country Germany
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Atuuu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:27 pm

svx-biker wrote:Mainly Landmarks are quite hard to find and they have an impact even in the lowest zoom level. If I have some landmarks with wrong country (often shown as "no address") the chat goes into that country even if miles away from the border.

Edit: If you need an area to see/test what I mean here you go: Zoom=0 east of Zürich (Switzerland). You see lots of forest landmarks and some of them seem to be allocated to Germany. That's why you'll find yourself in the chat for Germany instead of Switzerland. Landmarks are selectable even in Zoom=0.

Here is a permalink with such a landmark selected: Landmark with Country Germany

Problem in my case isn't so much with chat as with drawing new roads. As they also get wrong country. And as it is now - I had today investigate this and spend my time checking every road segment, every landmark to find these - which have incorrect country. So as said before, feature "filter road/landmark by country" could be VERY useful.
ImageImageImage
CM: Latvia; beta editor; Android beta tester.
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green!
Atuuu
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: AW: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov

Postby AlexN-114 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Atuuu wrote:2) filter roads (landmarks) by country, as I have problem (not the first time) when 10km and even more from Latvia/Estonia border primary country is wrong. Maybe there are some segments with wrong country what could cause this and such functionality could be VERY useful.

With the Highlighter City you can filter roads by country. ;-)
You can find it at userscripts.org.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts