Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Lant1 wrote:Bug: On a road with a dead end...
Does this happen on all deadends? Could you post a permalink to one?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
unlimitedsounds wrote:Still getting stuck When a popup report happens. Are they ever going to fix?
Is this the dimming screen issue? If so, please post in the dedicated thread stickied in this forum for that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
stephenstrath wrote:So with every post I have made about the Appradio issues, not once has anyone from Waze or a Waze "Champ" acknowledged that this issue has been recorded and someone is working on it.
unlimitedsounds wrote:Yea.. the program went from great to almost unuseable.
I wish I had any information, but I don't. There is at least one champ who uses appradio and has commented on posts and threads before. Unfortunately, appradio users are pretty rare and so the amount of development time spent on it is likely pretty small. You can still use Waze without appradio and that is how the vast majority of users interact with Waze. Similar with Blackberry and other old phone OSes having support dropped, Waze has to focus their efforts on those features which affect the majority of their userbase.

(At least, if I were in the business, that's how I would focus my time and money.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
DavidAbarca wrote: The firs of all is that the app stops tracking you, but it gives you directions and a route, also the crosshairs disappear from the app and there is no way to make them reappear also the +\- zoom buttons don't show
This happens often for a reason, not random, but is annoying. Tap the screen, the north up button, then the crosshair. In some cases, this will not fix it.
DavidAbarca wrote: When two different accidents are reported close to each other (within 200m) they get snapped somewhere between the middle
I don't remember the distance threshold for report aggregation. Will need to check with Waze to determine if it should be changed. At some point when they are close, it doesn't matter that it merges them.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
labuta wrote:I'd like to know if it's possoble how to change the alert distance from 500m to 1000m for instance. For me, the default alert distance of 500m is too short.
No, no alert settings are configurable. If there is enough distance, there usually be 3 turn notifications. Alert distances for hazards are also not configurable.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
DavidAbarca wrote:I would like to have fewer alert options I hate going 800m then 400m 200m and at the point... It gets very chatty. You can't even listen to music that way
Why don't you just mute the navigation instructions from the front of the main menu? Most of the time, we don't need actual verbal instruction because it's on the screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
vickimachado wrote:Does the app actually require occasional phone rebooting in order to maintain stability? Or is something unusual going on at the back end?
Waze doesn't talk to the GPS chip. It just gets the data from iOS. It could be the phone might need to be rebooted because something in hardware or iOS has gone wonky. But since Waze doesn't and can't control the GPS system, it's not specific to Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
vickimachado wrote:Anyone else getting irregular events radius results in traffic reports? Something 6,000 miles off is quite a leap:
But you need to know! :lol:

That's pretty bad, and on a different infrastructure even.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Ardidi
I have been having an issue with reporting gas prices. I am able to select the gas station and input the updated gas prices, but when I hit submit, sometimes the submission times out, and it will not let me resubmit the prices because I have left the vicinity of the gas station. This usually occurs when my phone is switching between data usage and wifi usage (I have Optimum Online, which has free hotspots for residential subscribers lined throughout many major roads in my area, and I have my phone set to automatically connect to them when they are within range to save on data usage). I am assuming that the switch between data and wifi is corrupting/dropping the submission data, and therefore it has a problem of pushing it through. Is there a way to improve the submission process by letting the app remember the GPS data of the gas station when we initially attempted to report the price, so that it is able to submit the correct price once the connection has been re-established?

This also happens occasionally when I submit road incidents, but to a much lesser extent. It will give me an error in my incident report, stating that I can attempt to submit the report later, but I have yet to find out how resubmit it.

Also, sometimes, I'll tap the report button, but the bottom status bar (where your ETA is usually displayed) will just state something to the effect of: "Location and GPS data recorded", without giving me the popup to let me submit the actual incident information. I then have to hit the report button again to get the full popup prompt, which could be several hundred feet down the road if travelling on a highway.
Ardidi
Send a message

Post by bingsumadchat
Is it just me or the 'Thanks' points I get for reporting traffic and all are not added to my account?

It's been stuck as it is for months now, and I use waze everyday. :(
bingsumadchat
Send a message