Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
What's New
- Search faster with auto-complete favorites, contacts, history, and addresses (gradual release to users within the United States followed by other countries).
- Simplified main menu for quick & easy access.
- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.
- Bugs fixes.

Info found here

POSTER_ID:8991736

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
What's worse that even if Gas Preferences menu shows up and you make your choices next session with no menu showing up ignores those choices.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
basscraze wrote:Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.
It is all still there. Just put your car on autopilot and start typing into search box. :lol: Of course now you need two hands and a lot more attention to correct search input and less attention to the road.

I agree. Bad move.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
SocalToe wrote:When you map alternative routes, you see a glimpse of the alternatives

THEN

It zooms way in somewhere and you don't have a clue where you are..........
This issue has been reported in beta forum. Waze has not been able to reproduce :?: so bug report got closed.

I am able to reproduce this behavior on all my devices specially with longer routes. Alternate routes are shown for split second then in zooms in the middle of nowhere.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
bfvww2 wrote:Hi everybody!

I'm new on waze, i tried to install it for the first time just yesterday. AND it wasn't a good experience. I can't manage to have the app working.

When lauching for the first time i was able to create an account. But when waze came on the map it immediately crashed and "back to desktop".

Every time i launch waze it displays the map just for a second and then close without letting me doing anything on waze.

I can send to a dev the lastcrsh plist.

BUT: i can have waze working by reinstalling AND not to loggin!!!! Since i login it crash. If i stay anonymous user i can use it.

I'm using last version of waze and ipad mini retina 64g with 3g.

Thanks for getting this app work!
Since you are using ipad you may get better help here:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73103
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
hoompey wrote:I just installed Waze on my new Nexus 5, and it does not work at all. At install, it says it can't access my location (tried it with Wifi, 4G and 3G) and the map looks like the attached screenshot.
Any ideas on how to solve this? I have no issues with Google Maps.
Try this. In search box type in:

USA & Canada ##@usa
Israel ##@il
Rest of the World ##@other
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by aacampbe
I received a message in my inbox, but I'm unable to reply because my keyboard does not appear when my cursor is in the reply box. I am using an HTC Rezound (Verizon).
aacampbe
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
smiles496 wrote:I reported a problem with two speed cameras close by on the UK forum; posting a link here so it's recorded on the feedback thread:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=78322
This thread is for feedback about the app itself, not for stuff related to the map. Please don't cross post, especially in a thread unrelated to your post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AleqCZ
Hi All,
I have found a bug in Waze - it takes me sometimes through the petrol station - without any real reason. It happened to me already few times, with different versions. This is a screenshot from the latest version. By the way, most of the times it navigates on that road just fine.

SCREENSHOT:
http://img.ctrlv.in/img/52beb6c39415b.jpg

Best regards,
Aleq
AleqCZ
Send a message

Post by alex7999
JanisGrinvaldslv wrote:
dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.
Having the same issue, stuck @ 70%, reinstalled and stuck on 94%.
Using Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4.2
I'm having the same issue too! Download always stucks at 7%. For ANY language trying to download.
alex7999
Send a message

Post by AlexandreMCrocci
Developers'm using Waze as the primary navigation system in my Galaxy Note to open the alert record and return to the map is the same map with the all black with no possibility of viewing, so I re-display the map have to close The Waze and open it again but preventing me from registering alerts. Please check this bug.
AlexandreMCrocci
Send a message