Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby pharmkat17 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Two more commutes with the new version...on the way home last night, crashed 5-6 times. On the way this morning, it crashed 3 times before I got on my second (of 5) freeway, AND my navigation stopped coming back up as interrupted. Usually when it crashed, I can just tap the icon and it restarts my route and I don't have to mess with it, since I'm driving. But today, that didn't happen so I couldn't even use it!
pharmkat17

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm

PharmKat17 wrote:Two more commutes with the new version...on the way home last night, crashed 5-6 times. On the way this morning, it crashed 3 times before I got on my second (of 5) freeway, AND my navigation stopped coming back up as interrupted. Usually when it crashed, I can just tap the icon and it restarts my route and I don't have to mess with it, since I'm driving. But today, that didn't happen so I couldn't even use it!
It will be helpful for other wazers if you could provide your mobile phone brand, model and OS version to see whether they are facing the same problem as yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jdeyoung » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:13 pm

While phone/OS might be the cause of the crash (I have Razr Maxx HD w/ 4.1.2 - and the crashing with accessibility on has been a very longstanding issue), I too noticed that crash and re-start while navigating didn't restart the navigation in process.
I'm thinking that has nothing to do with model/OS.
AM Chicago, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby JustMeBC » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.
JustMeBC

Postby dpower » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 am

Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.
dpower

Postby a4bolek » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:42 am

basscraze wrote:Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.

It is all still there. Just put your car on autopilot and start typing into search box. :lol: Of course now you need two hands and a lot more attention to correct search input and less attention to the road.

I agree. Bad move.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 6.01
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 3.9.8.0
a4bolek

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 am

The "Thanks" time still showing incorrectly. IMO it should be 263 seconds instead of 263 minutes. Or better still, should show "4 minutes 23 seconds ago"
Attachments
Thanks.JPG
Thanks.JPG (10.33 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Kidder74 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 am

Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. The crashes while driving seem to occur mainly when I'm stopped (possibly due to the advertisements showing up on the screen?), but I've had it crash on me multiple times while at speed on the highway, too.

Also get crashes (all the time now) when accessing the Settings / About & Notices and the My Waze / Scoreboard and Groups menus.

I've done a complete wipe and reload of my phone and, after re-installing the app, continued to have the same problems.

Phone details:
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Android version 4.1.2
Kidder74

Postby JGrinvalds » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 pm

dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.

Having the same issue, stuck @ 70%, reinstalled and stuck on 94%.
Using Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4.2
JGrinvalds

Postby wolfgrrl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 am

Turn by turn directions are having issues on 3.7.7.0 on VZW Galaxy S4 - sometimes it will speak a partial word or a whole word, but it is not completely speaking full directions.

Waze has developed a stuttering problem and is only speaking partial words or sentences. I have uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. Also, I did a factory reset lately which did not improve the issue.

Please fix this!
wolfgrrl

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App