iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby davielde » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Namssob wrote:It's now Thursday, and I *still* have 783 pts. Since Tuesday, I've driven 500+ miles, reported DOZENS of incidents, and have accumulated a few of the achievements. What is going on with the points, and why are points not instantly accumulated?

In general, Waze is pretty good about refreshing points once per day. On occasion, however, you may need to wait an extra day or so. It is server-related and has nothing to do with your app. Your drives and everything else that you have reported are being stored, and your points will eventually refresh. From my experience, I think the longest I've had to wait was four days at the end of November, but I just joined in September. In any case, it looks like it just updated on the Dashboard about three hours ago. It should reflect in the app within a few hours as well.

Namssob wrote:Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?!

As far as I know, you can only name a favorite when you add it. You would need to search again under Navigate and re-add the destination as a favorite with the new name.
Last edited by davielde on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davielde

Postby davielde » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 am

mikegalon wrote:I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).

You may get better response from the Android and not iOS thread:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73242

What's GMD Gestures? Is that an app for copying features native to iOS? ;)
davielde

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 pm

unlimitedsounds wrote:STILL THE SAME ISSUES.. On Iphone 4S 6.1.0 ... The new terms of service popped up ... NOT ONCE.. BUT TWICE and I had no way to dismiss. Then the voice automatically changed to RIDE ALONG... AND STILL.. WHEN there is a POPUP, it either dims the map is a highlight, and then goes back to the correct location with the dimmed map still there or is stuck at the popup location and never reverts to current location. I am SICK OF THEM.. stop releasing new features until you FIX the issues that have been reported for several versions!!!

Disable Group alerts for now, as a work around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 am

unlimitedsounds wrote:
davipt wrote:
unlimitedsounds wrote:STILL THE SAME ISSUES.. On Iphone 4S 6.1.0 ... The new terms of service popped up ... NOT ONCE.. BUT TWICE and I had no way to dismiss. Then the voice automatically changed to RIDE ALONG... AND STILL.. WHEN there is a POPUP, it either dims the map is a highlight, and then goes back to the correct location with the dimmed map still there or is stuck at the popup location and never reverts to current location. I am SICK OF THEM.. stop releasing new features until you FIX the issues that have been reported for several versions!!!

Disable Group alerts for now, as a work around.

group alerts aren't even popping up any more. neither are any alerts. are you saying to turn off group alerts and it be will bring back the other alerts?

Alerts are provoking the dim screen. We can't disable in-route alerts, but can disable group ones. I'd rather have no alerts (which sucks a lot) than lock my app out (which sucks much more). The bug sucks, I've tried my best to identify the causes (examples, logs, etc) but it's still there. No group alerts allows me to use waze for driving.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 am

unlimitedsounds wrote:I'd rather use something else without alerts

I understand your feeling, I also feel frustrated for the longevity and severity of this bug, but complaining more just for the sake of complaining won't help anyone. Client development is hard, weird bugs are hard, and waze is trying hard to solve it. Just mentioned a possible way that solved it for me and my wazers, even if by sacrificing other features. Take it or ignore it.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

srichgtr wrote:Fuel station search/fuel prices feature now borked.

Error message: uh-oh no petrol stations nearby. It used to find several. I guess someone has changed the radius on the search and made it tiny. Tried it with both wifi and 3g mobile data.

I think it went missing in a previous update but it hasn't been resolved by 3.7.7.

The petrol stations issue is a Backend issue that sometimes happens, but fortunately it's independent of the client and from the backends for the maps and routing. It should recover shortly ;)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby derlcb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:14 am

I currently upgraded to 3.7.7 on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1) and iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1.4). Upon opening the app, it immediately crashes moments after it loads. Is anyone else experiencing the app crashing?

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've killed all running apps. I've rebooted the devices. I can't keep the app open long enough to view the settings or navigation menu.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Or have any suggestions?

derlcb

"Add a Stop" broken

Postby dgood23 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 am

I use the "Add a Stop" functionality regularly and since the 3.7.7 update it's been totally broken for me (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4). I'll navigate to 'Work' and then navigate again to my son's school so I can drop him off and it shows the stop as being 150 feet away (it's over 2 miles away) and doesn't adjust the route to work at all even though there's a perfectly reasonable route that goes right by the school. And even when it chooses that route, it doesn't actually guide me to the stop, just the original destination. I used this quite often before the update and it worked great.

Another example, I was on my way home from work using Waze's guidance and tried to add a stop (while stopped at a really long red light). It accepted the stop and presented the route dialog which I accepted and then it gave no further guidance at all -- not even a highlighted route on the map.
dgood23

Postby ForestJay » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm

My wife and I are struggling without the category search. For example, we are on a long drive and the kids are hungry so I type food and the POI search lists things with the name "food" in them, like "Wholefoods". We end up closing Waze and opening TripAdvisor or Google Maps.
ForestJay

Postby geoffken » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am

Having same problems re traffic reports.
In UK NE3 5TH set to 50 mile radius.
Getting reports from 327 miles away in Netherlands.
Have reset to 50 miles several times but no better.
What is going on?

THANKS
geoffken

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App