Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Incorrect house numbers on W Bartlett Rd, Bartlett, IL

Post by omarsg2002
I'm having an issue with the pinning of 774 W Bartlett Rd, Bartlett, IL. When I type this address in the search box it takes me to 1500 area (see https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-88.22 ... 19&env=usa )

The correct position should be near https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-88.19 ... s=15037551

I fixed many of the street numbers a few days ago and they all seem to now be in the correct place but for some reason 774 W Bartlett is still pointing very far away from it's correct location. Could someone try to fix this?
omarsg2002

POSTER_ID:5942903

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
viewtopic.php?f=655&t=73319

Also, this is noted in the House Numbers documentation which you should be reading before posting, per the forum guideline above.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
omarsg2002 wrote:I read that already but I still don't understand why it can't be fixed. Could you be more specific?
"The Waze app and website address search mechanism do not use the internal house numbers and relies on external data sources." The main data source for the US and lots of other countries is google maps. Go to google maps to move the marker for the address.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by omarsg2002
I read that already but I still don't understand why it can't be fixed. Could you be more specific?
omarsg2002
Send a message