Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by davielde
Namssob wrote:It's now Thursday, and I *still* have 783 pts. Since Tuesday, I've driven 500+ miles, reported DOZENS of incidents, and have accumulated a few of the achievements. What is going on with the points, and why are points not instantly accumulated?
In general, Waze is pretty good about refreshing points once per day. On occasion, however, you may need to wait an extra day or so. It is server-related and has nothing to do with your app. Your drives and everything else that you have reported are being stored, and your points will eventually refresh. From my experience, I think the longest I've had to wait was four days at the end of November, but I just joined in September. In any case, it looks like it just updated on the Dashboard about three hours ago. It should reflect in the app within a few hours as well.
Namssob wrote:Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?!
As far as I know, you can only name a favorite when you add it. You would need to search again under Navigate and re-add the destination as a favorite with the new name.
davielde
Send a message
Last edited by davielde on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
mikegalon wrote:I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).
You may get better response from the Android and not iOS thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73242

What's GMD Gestures? Is that an app for copying features native to iOS? ;)
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by derlcb
I currently upgraded to 3.7.7 on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1) and iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1.4). Upon opening the app, it immediately crashes moments after it loads. Is anyone else experiencing the app crashing?

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've killed all running apps. I've rebooted the devices. I can't keep the app open long enough to view the settings or navigation menu.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Or have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
derlcb
Send a message

Post by dgood23
I use the "Add a Stop" functionality regularly and since the 3.7.7 update it's been totally broken for me (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4). I'll navigate to 'Work' and then navigate again to my son's school so I can drop him off and it shows the stop as being 150 feet away (it's over 2 miles away) and doesn't adjust the route to work at all even though there's a perfectly reasonable route that goes right by the school. And even when it chooses that route, it doesn't actually guide me to the stop, just the original destination. I used this quite often before the update and it worked great.

Another example, I was on my way home from work using Waze's guidance and tried to add a stop (while stopped at a really long red light). It accepted the stop and presented the route dialog which I accepted and then it gave no further guidance at all -- not even a highlighted route on the map.
dgood23
Send a message

Post by fasterfastr
wox33 wrote:Been having an issue that appears to be similar to some others' issues in this forum. When using the suggested 'Are you on your way Home' navigation, the client will get the addresses for Home or Work mixed up. Although it will navigate me to my 'Home' location from work, once I arrive home the app will say arriving at work and announce my work address. .
Just experienced this error this morning for the first time. Waze navigated accurately to Work, but announced "Now arriving at Work, (Home address)". I started navigating using the "Are you on your way to Work" suggestion when starting the app.
fasterfastr
Send a message
Minneapolis, MN, USA - iOS 7.1 / Waze 3.7.8

Post by ForestJay
My wife and I are struggling without the category search. For example, we are on a long drive and the kids are hungry so I type food and the POI search lists things with the name "food" in them, like "Wholefoods". We end up closing Waze and opening TripAdvisor or Google Maps.
ForestJay
Send a message

Post by gfk989
Having same problems re traffic reports.
In UK NE3 5TH set to 50 mile radius.
Getting reports from 327 miles away in Netherlands.
Have reset to 50 miles several times but no better.
What is going on?

THANKS
gfk989
Send a message

Post by glomp
I have had it switch voices as well. I use English (UK) - Serena which includes street names. When I visit another country that doesn't have that voice available it will switch to one of the others, in my case it changed to English (UK) - Carol.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by HoneyBunBunn
This update sucks! Since the update the maps are off to include my normal routes Home & Work. For the FIRST TIME EVER Waze sent me in the wrong direction & got me lost. Please figure out whats up with the maps & routing because it's all wrong!!!!
HoneyBunBunn
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
afrayer wrote:
sketch wrote:
afrayer wrote:Anyone have a suggestion on how to force a map to update in iOS? I've had some red-light cameras removed from the Live Map, but over a week later they still exist in the client map.
Settings > Advanced > Data transfer > Refresh map of my area
Thanks, but I've tried that. Hasn't appeared to work (the stupid cameras are still present). Have also deleted and reinstalled the app, but it appears some things didn't go away with a quick delete/reinstall.
I'm only guessing here, but it's possible that the camera deletion won't force an update of that Waze map tile. Try tweaking a bit of road geometry slightly where you removed the camera and wait for an update.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season