Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by BovaFett
Since Google recently added SMS support to Hangouts, it's become my go to app for messaging. When I try to send an ETA from Waze via Hangouts, I just get this screen with a spinning icon, no text or link. I can type in the bar at the top bit it doesn't do anything. Is this something with the app pointing to the right features in Hangouts, or is this a Hangouts specific problem?
BovaFett
Send a message

Post by BrucedTX
Hi!
I'm currently on a Samsung Note 3. The last few days, about a week or so, I've had trouble with Waze keeping in touch with GPS. Some of the time, I know it's not Waze's issue, as I see the GPS icon blinking, showing it's searching for GPS. But quite often, the GPS Icon shows it's still connected, but Waze shows the litle red icon showing "no gps", and it fails to guide me. As much as I LOVE Waze and Love the concept of crowd-sourcing, I've had to return occasionally to Google Maps, as I get no result from Waze.

While I've not tested this yet, could it be an issue where Waze can't share the GPS with another app? I also have a mileage tracker app that I run at the same time sometimes. I haven't been able to tell if the disconnect happens more often when I'm running both apps yet, but I'll do some research on that. Is that a possibility?

Thanks!
Bruce
(BruceDTX)
BrucedTX
Send a message

Post by camilloth
I am facing some problems with Waze widget.
1.Waze GPS version 3.7.7.0 version must be installed .
2.Enable DATA connection and open the app .
3.After Waze GPS load click on the waze icon at the left side.
4.Select "Navegar". (Navigate)
5.Set a location for "Casa" and "Trabalho". (Home and Work)
6.Go to the idle screen and add waze GPS widget4x1 to the idle screen.
7.After add the widget press the refresh Button.

Waze widget display some overlap and when is activated displays a sorry popup.
The device is LGD956 using Android JB, but also happens with other devices as LG G2 and Nexus 4.
camilloth
Send a message

Post by cantanga
It seems there are a number of users over a variety of phones who have issues with the Auto day/night mode. It switches fine in the evening but in the morning it won't switch until about 10:30am even though the sun is up at about 6am.
There is a thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77398 I started to see if it is happening to anyone else or just me and it seems it is occurring to a number of others as well.
cantanga
Send a message
[img]https:///2F37zR[/img][img]https:///c7J4Vm[/img] https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/e/ed/AuSig.png
Area manager: Southern ACT, Iluka/Woombah NSW

Post by CBenson
Kidder74 wrote:Getting crashes all the time in the 3.7.7.0 app version. . . . Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon)
Any chance the issue discussed here has not been solved?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
xxavyer wrote:The turn indicator icon tells me to turn left on my route but I actually never take any lefts the remainder of my trip.

http://imgur.com/a/1cp5k
True, waze does not have a continue straight command. Waze is simply telling you to keep left rather than take the clover leaf back on to I-95 south here.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cjpaddler
jlandwehr wrote:
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.
I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words. Here is what I tried, with no success:
1. Clearing cache of app
2. Uninstalling app and re-installing
3. Uninstalling app and removing directory from memory by directly connecting phone, then re-installing
4. Trying different voices / Tom, Samantha, etc
5. Trying the "Play sound to phone speaker" checked and unchecked
6. Sounds on -> Alerts only -> Sounds off -> Sounds on
7. Changing the volume in app, of the phone, etc.
8. It's the same behavior whether I am in the car connected to bluetooth, or away from the car and not connected to any bluetooth

The symptoms are when it used to say things like "Turn to the right, and XYZ Street", all I hear is "XYZ" and nothing that should have been before or after it in a complete sentence/instruction.
I suggest trying to uncheck "Play sound to phone speaker" again. This is what worked for me. I'm also on Verizon Droid Maxx (XT1080M) with KitKat4.4.
cjpaddler
Send a message

Post by Cpan42
edubortolon wrote:After downloading the new version of waze, the traffic lines got all hollow like in the screenshot I'm sending you. Is there a way or a configuration to make the color filled traffics line appear again and the white arrows inside them?
I am having the same problem in my Motorola Razr D1 XT916 and Android 4.1.2, in Brazil as well. By the way, this bug makes the map refreshment extremely slow and it lags way behind the actual car position during normal traffic. The only way to prevent this issue is to disable traffic layers and traffic jams and also remove the automatic zoom. By zooming out a bit, the traffic lines disappears and the map is normally refreshed as I move it or when it tracks my movement with the GPS. By the way, even when I disable the traffic layers and traffic jams, it insists to show them when the map is zoomed in.

I have tested the Waze app in my wife's Razr D3 XT919 with Android 4.1.2 and there is no bug at all. The traffics lines and arrows in it appears normally and the map navigation is very fluid.

Best regards
Cpan42
Send a message

Post by dandaninc
Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
dandaninc
Send a message
Sincerely,
Daniel Adams
aka dandaninc

YouTube

Post by dandaninc
paulkok_my wrote:
dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

So far I do not face the problem sharing my drive via facebook.
I honestly thought I posted this in the iOS 3.7.7.0 thread and I'm sorry for that. My question was answered in the post below.
steveningelbrecht wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:
dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

So far I do not face the problem sharing my drive via facebook.
On the iOS version it's not there anymore, also on the Android version it's gone, but there you can use a workaround...
Thank you!! Next time I will be sure to select the correct thread. Still wondering how I picked the wrong one but yeah. I did and I'm sorry.
dandaninc
Send a message
Sincerely,
Daniel Adams
aka dandaninc

YouTube