You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).
Post by DwarfLord
Thanks. I had gathered that, the case of Map Problems, "Not identified" means "escalate to a region-ignorant and possibly incompetent editor with unpredictable results". (Wouldn't that make a useful tooltip!)

However it sounds like you're saying that, in the case of User Requests, "Not identified" does NOT escalate; but rather it closes out the UR with a nice note to the requestor saying "sorry we can't see how to help resolve this" and that's it. Is that right? URs do not escalate regardless of whether they are "Solved" or "Not identified"?
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Thanks so much. I had no clue how deep this rabbit hole went.

Here's a super simple suggestion for Waze:

1. When editing a MP, replace "Not identified" with "Escalate".
2. When editing a UR, replace "Not identified" with "Close as unidentified"

Imagine how much grief and confusion could be avoided with this microscopic adjustment.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
I don't believe Waze HQ systematically tracks any part of the forums, including this suggestions forum. That being said, I would guess they visit regularly in an informal way. The problem with this particular issue is that once you've learned the pattern by rote and it becomes habit, it no longer seems a worthy issue or even an issue at all.

It would be so easy to improve but it's hard to be optimistic. In the meantime the learning curve will just have a little extra steepness to it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message