Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby EricLogsdon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:56 pm

Ronchunn wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Devs, please reconsider updating the WP app...at least respond to your users in this thread and tell us the score.

I don't normally post "me-too" messages, but in this case I'll make an exception. I've used Waze for over two years, first on Android and then on Windows Phone 8.x. I love Waze, but the Windows Phone version is kinda hinky. It also appears that changes have been made to the underlying server infrastructure that are causing issues. I would dearly love for a Waze update to parity with the Android and iPhone versions. I would even be willing to pay a modest price for the app.

Eric.
EricLogsdon

Postby fakawi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi!
Thanks Waze for coming to WP!
I noticed that I can only view the map with the phone (nokia lumia 925) in portrait orientation, not in landscape.
cheers!
fakawi

Recalculating Route Spinning Icon

Postby fakawi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 am

the "Recalculating Route" spinning icon layer does not disappear even after Waze has recalculated the route. Navigation continues with the spinner spinning in the foreground.
(Nokia Lumia 925)

(pressing "Back" button to shut down and then cancelling shut down will get rid of the spinner)

thanks!
fakawi

Postby fastlooop » Wed May 13, 2015 5:27 am

Hi. I'm much more than bitterly disappointed.
I had a Lumia 720 with waze properly working.
Now a Lumia 640 XL and I can't accept T's and C's, so no WAZE!
I hope to have good news in a near future.

I'll survive without Waze.
Waze won't survive without users.
fastlooop

Postby feldman-sean » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Great application, but several drawbacks:

1. Crashing constantly when running in background or under locked screen - experience nose diving because of this
2. Terminates battery very quickly (not sure if this can be addressed)

Tested on Nokia 920
feldman-sean

Postby firecop42 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:31 am

Looked at the rev of the app that I just downloaded for my WP8 Nokia 1020 and it says ver 1.0.0.0 on the Store page. I went to delete a favorite that I stored and followed the directions on the wiki and the only option I get is to add it, no remove. So it looks like any favorites that I enter stay there.
I have been using Trapster religiously but am going to give this a try for South Central PA and see how it works.
Later,
Frank K
York, pa.
firecop42

Postby fofroredodrorikok » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 am

Waze only starts first time after installation on Nokia Lumia 625. After closing it(going back to homescreen) next time you try to start the app begins startup sequence but crashes before you can see the navigation view. Restart of phone dosen't help. Closing app with "back arrow" gives same resultat. Uninstalling and reinstalling Waze helps first time the app starts but then it's the same again.
fofroredodrorikok

Postby Froggypwns » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:06 pm

I fixed the battery draining issue for my HTC 8X by getting an Anker charger. Cheap chargers claim they will put out 2+ amps, but in reality this is only if you have an iPad connected, due to the setup of the port anything else will charge at a lower rate like .5 amp. The Anker charger has two different ports on it, the port labeled "Android" will charge up my HTC 8X and my Windows tablet faster than even the wall AC adapters will. I can use Waze all day and it will still charge it up to 100% full even if it wasn't.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D82O68Y/
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:53 am

To add on top of my last comment regarding the Anker charger, it works great on my Nokia 521 too. I had to send my 8X in to be repaired, so I picked up a cheap 521 as a spare, and have been using it for about a week without any drain issues.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Froggypwns » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm

joostboers, get a better charger, I was having the same issue with a cheap charger.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D82O68Y/ This one fixed my issue, and will even charge my tablet faster than my AC adapter.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App