Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby SenileAnimal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi, whilst I have encountered most of the other bugs already highlighted here, I'm experiencing one which hasn't been mentioned - when using Bluetooth for audio (specifically A2DP to my car stereo) - if I take a call (or if the phone, for example, reads out a text message using TTS) I often (around 75% of the time) find that the A2DP connection doesn't then disconnect properly and so I'm left in silence - sometimes this corrects itself next time Waze gives me a direction, other times I have to shutdown Waze and then it'll clear itself. My device is a Lumia 920, I don't get this issue with any other nav app (HERE Drive+, CoPilot etc) or app that streams audio over A2DP (Spotify), so can only assume it's an issue with the Waze app.
SenileAnimal

Postby coinneach » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 am

On my Lumia 822, the recalc alert sound is painfully, ear-piercingly louder than anything else, in-app or otherwise. That initial high-freq screech really needs to be toned down.

Other than that - hot, excessive data usage even with most of the non-critical stuff turned off (3MB for a 20-minute drive in a suburb of Phoenix, really?), battery being sucked dry, blah blah blah.

Would also appreciate some kind of reality-check option, allowing users to instantly report location failures.
coinneach

Postby Werewolfie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:57 am

aparallaxview wrote:Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8

aparallaxview wrote:Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x

I have both these problems on Nokia Lumia 925 WP8 Amber. Clearly not working as intended.

Other than that, an awesome app. That's why I care enough to contribute. :)
Werewolfie

Postby nakres » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

Werewolfie wrote:
aparallaxview wrote:Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8

aparallaxview wrote:Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x

I have both these problems on Nokia Lumia 925 WP8 Amber. Clearly not working as intended.

Other than that, an awesome app. That's why I care enough to contribute. :)

I solved that by removing the % in my password. Apparently, it has some problems with percentage signs in your password. If you have any other strange characters in your password, you could try to remove them.
nakres

Postby coinneach » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Why is there no integration with the People hub?
coinneach

Postby joostboers » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 am

Great to have Waze on my Nokia next to Drive+. It is defenitely better in jams. However, my L920 experiences a battery drain when using the app. It's a GPS issue and whilst I already have all energy saving options applied, driving with the charger on my battery is losing power as some-one else mentioned as well. Please look at the energy consumption of the app. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.feeling-healthy.net
Creating Positive Change

Fetching Waze scores with a Microsoft Lumia 640 in a Mercedes C 200 cdi - or a Mercedes SLK. Based in Nederhorst den Berg (The Netherlands).
joostboers
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Tecknoth » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Hello there. I've got the same problem somebody mentionned regarding the fact that I cannot connect it to Facebook. I also want to mention that the app doesn't keep m'y login informations, as I'm prompted for login every time I Start the app. Which lead me to the last point. The first login prompt doesn't work. Ive got to bypass it and then log in from the settings section.

This little problème took appart, its a Great job you've done on this app. A big bunch of thanks for it. I'm running it on a Nokia Lumia 925.
Tecknoth

Postby tjm276 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm

First of all, thanks for coming to Windows phone. My issue is how much battery this thing eats up. My Lumia 1020 loses about 15% per hour while running waze and plugged into a 2 amp charger. And don't tell me to mount it to a vent. If I need to change my habits then the technology isn't doing its job. My Galaxy s4 runs waze and Slacker along with keeping up with 3 push email accounts, incoming text messages and phone calls while I commute to and from work and it not only maintains charge but it builds charge. This is clearly a waze issue as endomondo and Here drive don't cause this problem.

Again, thanks for the app. I actually waited to buy a windows phone until this app was released. I look forward to future updates.
tjm276

Postby tjm276 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 pm

So I did a little unofficial testing. I ended up getting a new Lumia 1020 because I was having a massive battery drain other than Waze. My new phone is much better although it still operates at a net negative charge, even while it is plugged in. I also tried Nokia Here Drive+ to see what effect that would have. I also lost battery running that app and the phone got hot. I am sure Waze could probably use a tweak or two (since it is so new to the platform) to optimize it. Honestly, though, it didn't perform and worse than the stock Nokia Drive app (actually it did better when you consider the quality of guidance and provided by waze).

During the 2 days I had the Lumia 1520 I didn't notice either of these problems (battery loss and heat). I assume the lesser hardware and battery of the 1020 (and lesser phones) is the main culprit.

I loved the 1520 but the size was just too much for me. I wish they made a phone with those specs and a 5 inch screen. That would be ideal.....
tjm276

Postby toledospod » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 am

Just got this on my HTC 8X WP8 and I'm really glad to finally see it. Coming from an Android phone to this, I honestly didn't know what to expect (didn't even know that it was released on the WP until yesterday!). Haven't had a chance to really test it yet, but it's been useful to read everyone's comments on this thread. Looking forward to see what the next update brings :)
Contributing Map editor for NW Ohio (Toledo and surrounding)
Verizon: HTC 8X (Windows 8)
toledospod

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App