Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Experiencing "Searching for Networks" Problem

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:29 pm

I also agree that this red prompt is appearing too often, such as switching cell towers, and stays onscreen for a few minutes. Sometimes it recovers. Other times, it stays and I have to shut down/wake up.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby aleaysintraffic » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Same problem here in the UK using Nexus 5. Full 3g signal, middle of London. I ended up having to revert to Google Navigation which worked immediately as it became too dangerous to constantly try and get a route while driving.
aleaysintraffic

Postby AREK28 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm experiencing the same on my LG G2, my Waze is always in the "Searching for Network" everytime I'm on mobile connection. My browser and other apps are online just fine, somehow only Waze isn't online when it's supposed to.

I tried installing and reinstalling a few times and even tried restoring my phone to factory settings but the problem persists.

Please help..
AREK28

Postby biminibob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 am

Same problem here - I keep getting that annoying little red waze icon in the top left on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, whilst I have plenty of reception bars on my phone.
biminibob

Postby chriscompo » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Being getting it a lot in the UK as well.

Had t today whilst having 4g connection and 3 or 4 bars of signal. So what is happening here? How can it be rectified?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chriscompo

Postby ctpoole » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:26 pm

I have experienced the "searching for network" issue many times but I think I have an even more difficult issue. As I drive along a segment of US-84 in Texas were I know the Cell coverage for data is weak, I expect to loose the network, but what I have seen is that after a few disconnect/reconnects that eventually Waze appears to stop really trying to connect even though the "searching for network" error message is displayed. I tried stopping navigation and several other things to try to get things back. What I have discovered is I think is that its a memory related issue. If I force an exit of Waze (I am on an iPhone) and also stop at least one other app, then restart Waze things reconnect and we can continue routing correctly. When I just do the exit of the app and restart it never reconnects.

I haven't tried turning off the radio completely (set Airplane Mode), but I will have another opportunity to experience this tomorrow since I am driving the route that I know causes this issue. I will try the Airplane Mode work around and see what happens.
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
[ img ]
ctpoole

Postby ctpoole » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm

I just drove the US-84 route that I had reported here about in the past and the issue was much much worse. I understand that it about connectivity to the routing servers, but the way the app behaves when it is having this difficulty makes using it for routing when I really don't know where I am going unacceptable. I actually left the route to go into a convenience store and Waze completely lost the route and would not even display the old route. Eventually about 75 miles along, it finally got a connection to the routing server and presto, the existing route reappeared.

What I would like is: (1) a meaningful error message (2) better behavior when the connection fails (3) reliable reconnections to the server as the data connection changes.
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
[ img ]
ctpoole

Postby edilaviso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am

Hi! I don't know where to put this topic but I am experiencing a "Searching for a Network" problem this past few days and when I checked my driven records in my map. There are missing routes on the records. So I missed a lot of kilometers. Is there anyway to solve this? Thanks!
edilaviso

Postby EricRFMA » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 am

I didn't think this warranted another thread, so I'll keep this thread going...

I've been having this problem for several Waze versions, on my Galaxy SIII, Android version 4.1.2. I'll be driving, using navigation, when Waze gets into the "Searching Network" mode. This almost always happens with a very strong cell signal, and other apps seem to have no problems getting to the Internet. The only thing I can do easily, is to go into Airplane Mode, thus disabling all networking, and then immediately turn off Airplane Mode. After this network cycling, Waze can find the network again.

I've seen posts for this going back for a while... on Android and iPhone... has this been acknowledged as a known, ongoing issue?

Thanks...!

-Eric
EricRFMA

Postby finzivw » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:52 pm

No one is coming forward from Waze with a solution! It is so frustrating here in the UK. I go to preferred netwok on android and change to or from 3G and 4G often this works. As stated sometimes it comes back other times it seems to lock on searching for network. Someone out there please help!!
finzivw

Next

Return to Navigation & Routing