Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kjstech
Got the update today. One major annoyance is during my trip a big Privacy Policy pop up appeared taking up 2/3rds of the screen. It mentioned that the privacy policy changes December 20th. Well ok, I understand those things happen but there was no way to dismiss the box. No button, tapping didn't work, nothing.

I had to force close the app and relaunch it, and say ok when it asked to resume an interrupted navigation.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by kooksie
Hello - glad I found this forum! I have a 120-mile/day commute and I've been using Waze for about 6 months with no problem (saved me loads of grief with traffic, since there are five ways for me to get home and none of them without massive traffic).

I just upgraded to the latest version of Waze and the app kind of freaked out on me - if i put in an address, for a short period it will know where I am, but then it just gets stuck in one place/freezes and I'll be several miles away already. Sometimes, it decides that I'm somewhere really random, no where near where I am - it can't find me. On the rare occasions that it is directing me properly, there's still a few seconds lag in giving me directions. Other times, I get this sentence in red that says there's no gps available. I live in a very populated area - the San Francisco Bay Area - so it's not like i'm in the middle of nowhere.

Any advice or thoughts? I'm desperate to get it working by the time I go back to work next week! I haven't backed up my phone in a while, so i'm not sure i can go back to the previous version. My service is through Verizon if that helps.
kooksie
Send a message

Post by kooksie
sketch wrote: Does it work properly with other GPS nav apps? It sounds like the GPS itself in your phone is broken. I had this problem with my iPhone 3G a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I'll have to check that - thanks! I have an iPhone 5, so it's not that old - i'm hoping that's not the issue cause it sounds like it wouldn't be an easy fix!
kooksie
Send a message

Post by kooksie
sketch wrote: The 3G wasn't that old back then, either! It'll likely need replacement if that's the issue. If you're still under warranty, it'll be covered.
I deleted the app and redownloaded, and it seems to be working, so it looks like my phone GPS is ok *Phew*! Thanks for the advice tho - if it stops working again, I'll check the GPS!
kooksie
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
I've had success using voice commands over bluetooth, but the command set is very limited.

On another point, the bug regarding Waze not showing up in the Notifications Center is now fized.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
The_Internet wrote:Its SLOW (very SLOW), the app lags like hell. It was fine with the previous version. Now I can't use it (really).
How can i downgrade?
If you've backed up your phone, just restore the backup from what you've previously saved.
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
dan-smith wrote:I haven't been able to find fuel prices since the update and have noticed that the Waze POis do not be available - always reverts to Foursquare. Has anyone else noticed this?
I don't think I've used the "Waze POis" (points of interest?) so I can't comment. But I can say that while I can still report gas prices, and set how I search on those prices, I can't find a way to do a search for gas prices...
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
It looks like my report of Waze not working correctly with iOS notifications being corrected was a bit premature.

Waze 3.7.7.0
iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a)
Waze now appears in the notification center, and I verified that it's active and the settings are set for Waze to send me notifications. But I'm still getting the error that Waze is unable to do so, and please change my settings in the Notification Center...
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krikketdoug
krikketdoug wrote:It looks like my report of Waze not working correctly with iOS notifications being corrected was a bit premature.

Waze 3.7.7.0
iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a)
Waze now appears in the notification center, and I verified that it's active and the settings are set for Waze to send me notifications. But I'm still getting the error that Waze is unable to do so, and please change my settings in the Notification Center...
Another update. Now it appears to be an intermittent problem. I have received notifications from Waze when I received a new message in my inbox. Sometimes...
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by krock62
I have an iPhone 4S running the latest version of iOS7. Just installed a Pioneer AVH-X4500BT head unit and have been playing with Waze via AppRadio. Everything seems to work ok, except for one thing so far. When Waze navigates, the sound for the voice turn by turn prompts only comes from my phone, not through the stereo as I would expect. When sound is coming from my phone, the sound from the stereo is muted, so something seems to work, just don't hear Waze through the stereo. Is it me or is it a bug? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
krock62
Send a message