The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Live Map on the desktop not in same version for bigger scale

Post by sandjaja
I see a different version of the Live Map on the desktop for the version on the scale 1:14K with the detail scale 1:6771

Some new road already updated in scale 1:14K not showed up in the scale 1:6771 so the POI/Landmark

Just it like a different system from the scale 1:14K with the scale 1:6771

Please enlight me.
sandjaja

POSTER_ID:1081689

Send a message
iPad 3G user for tracking
Area Manager for Samarinda, Balikpapan, Surabaya and surrounding areas

Post by freddiechopin
Today new rebuilt of Live Map appeared - it seems that the "smaller" layers get rebuilt first, and the most precise (max zoom) takes some more time. I've seen that before, no need to panic - it will be updated in a day (or two) (;

EDIT: Just to make it clear - the roads and POIs are there, the images are just wrong (old). You can select the street if you hit it, you can route there and so on...

4\/3!!
freddiechopin
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Note that there are other forum threads on how the live map is not updating properly. Seems that the tiles are not getting rebuilt when edited. But if you click, you get the real data that is hidden below the old tiles.

At this point, I would not rely on the live map. If necessary do a refresh of the map on your phone. Or don't sweat it, and just understand that it might take up to 2 weeks for things to process down to the phone (up to one week for cartouche to new map tile... up to one week to get to phone, if no other update method causes a refresh)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png