Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by elnonoche
Hello,
I downloaded last version a few day ago and my power consumption is very high now (it was the case with V3.7.6.0 also) : 0.5%/min

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.4, formatted a few days ago (without useless apps, so!!)
The problem in also in night mode...
I want to try an old version to try again but where could we find those old apps, please ?

Anyone has got this problem ?

Thanks

edit : light level is as lower as possible, of course
edit 2 : with the version before v3.7.6.0 used during 2 days, consumption is 0.28points/min
elnonoche
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by elnonoche on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wazement vôtre,
Elnonoche

AM région Mulhousienne / Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0.4 Cyanogen9
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by energi22180
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.
I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words. Here is what I tried, with no success:
1. Clearing cache of app
2. Uninstalling app and re-installing
3. Uninstalling app and removing directory from memory by directly connecting phone, then re-installing
4. Trying different voices / Tom, Samantha, etc
5. Trying the "Play sound to phone speaker" checked and unchecked
6. Sounds on -> Alerts only -> Sounds off -> Sounds on
7. Changing the volume in app, of the phone, etc.
8. It's the same behavior whether I am in the car connected to bluetooth, or away from the car and not connected to any bluetooth

The symptoms are when it used to say things like "Turn to the right, and XYZ Street", all I hear is "XYZ" and nothing that should have been before or after it in a complete sentence/instruction.
energi22180
Send a message

Post by energi22180
cjpaddler wrote:
jlandwehr wrote:
soxfaninny wrote:Since upgrading to KitKat, the 'Play sound to phone speaker' option does not work properly. I use this so that I can be bluetooth connected to my car for phone, but still be able to hear the voice nav guidance through my phone speaker.
I have Waze 3.7.7.0 from Dec 11, 2013 which was running great on my Verizon Droid Maxx phone - until I got the KitKat4.4 upgrade pushed to me. Now the audio does not work / is missing words.
I suggest trying to uncheck "Play sound to phone speaker" again. This is what worked for me. I'm also on Verizon Droid Maxx (XT1080M) with KitKat4.4.
Jan28 update - still broken. Checking/unchecking the "play sound to phone speaker" doesn't work. If I have it checked, I get the missing words/broken sentences from phone speaker. If I have it un-checked, it does not work with the phone speaker, but if I am on a phone call with bluetooth audio active - I will hear the full instructions just fine on the bluetooth device (carkit or earpiece). Seems like we need an app update.
energi22180
Send a message

Post by eywong
On the navigation display, Waze displays my ETA as UTC. I am driving local trips in the PST zone, so I must mentally subtract 8 hours from the displayed time. I would like a preference option to display my ETA as a time in UTC, in the destination time zone, or in the local time zone. Thanks.
eywong
Send a message

Post by flashmelady
The menu entry to set preferences for gas is missing most of the time. However it sometimes shows up just under "navigation" entry.
flashmelady
Send a message
Attachments

Post by flashmelady
This new run of Waze show the gas station menu entry (stations essence).
flashmelady
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Florin_Andrei
Moto X phone with latest OS. Country is USA.

I'm in my car, the phone connected via Bluetooth to the car radio (Pioneer MVH-X360BT). I've a podcast app (iPP Podcast) playing in the background.

If "Play sound to phone speaker" is disabled, both Waze and iPP Podcast play sound via Bluetooth. All is well.

If I enable "Play sound to phone speaker", Waze tries to play its sound via the phone speaker, but pretty much fails. The beginning of each phrase is lost - it's like it takes time for the speaker to activate, and I only hear the end of the voice directions from Waze.

Moreover, despite it trying to play sound via phone speaker, it looks like Waze actually tries to use the same sound output like iPP Podcast, but doesn't actually play anything there. How do I know that? iPP Podcast has a setting called "When lost audio focus transiently" - and mine is configured to "lower audio volume" when focus is lost.

Well, each time Waze tries to speak something on phone speaker, iPP Podcast loses audio focus on the Bluetooth output, and lowers its volume. But Waze doesn't say anything over Bluetooth. There's a few seconds of nothing happening, then Waze suddenly bursts out over the phone speaker and pronounces the last few words of whatever it was trying to say (the beginning of the phrase is never heard anywhere).

It seems to me like this feature is not very well tested, as there are at least two problems with it: the beginning of each phrase is lost over phone speaker, and it tries to steal Bluetooth audio focus anyway from the podcast app - even though they are supposedly using different outputs (Waze on phone speaker, and iPP on Bluetooth).
Florin_Andrei
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Yes, it keeps happening, a longer time already.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
aleqcz wrote:I have found a bug in Waze - it takes me sometimes through the petrol station - without any real reason. It happened to me already few times, with different versions.
Aleq, this is most probably a shortcoming in the servers' routing subsystem, which the editors are forced to work around (e.g. splitting the gas station into 2+ segments). Could you please tell me, in which city is the Hradecká from your screenshot?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
wolfsbane2k wrote:On today's drive in, I passed 2 road closures due to flooding , so hit the Report->Closures->Later buttons, and the icons sat on the side of the screen nicely.
Both of them? Are you sure? I've never ever seen (neither heard about) two "parked" report icons side-by-side. As soon as the Report menu button is pressed, any "parked" report icon immediately disappears. The report position (and type) gets temporarily stored just until gets reopened by a tap, or the menu gets opened again.
wolfsbane2k wrote:This is very annoying - the Road Closures were a higher priority than the Roadworks, but they could no longer be reported.
That indeed is. Sad, but true.
wolfsbane2k wrote:Please can you allow instant reporting while saved reports are kept for future provision.
There are other much more important data, which does not keep stored for a later use. Like already reported event, or drive data, if there is no data connection - they get simply thrown away...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message