Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Add Landmark for Electric Vehicle Charger

Post by DLLHell
Please add a Landmark type for Electric Vehicle chargers. There's a growing community of EV drivers that are using Waze and looking for chargers rather than gas stations. And chargers are relatively rare and often searched-for, versus gas stations that are pretty much on every corner and I suspect rarely searched for.

Perhaps Waze could partner with PlugShare.com and auto-populate the Waze map, either as a one-time thing or a dynamic thing.
DLLHell
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16780772

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is a good suggestion, which has already been posted several times. A simple search for "electric charging" brings up a few threads. Please remember to search before (re)posting. Thanks!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I collected some thoughts together on this subject and posted two new reports to bugzilla which you can vote on, if you have that ability.

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6456
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6458
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
I think it would be better to be able to select the types of fuel that a station offers in the editor. This would allow us to be able to add CNG to Gas Stations that offer it as well as places that offer EV Charging Stations.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by fboleto
Any news on this?

I have an electric car, and this feature would be EXCELLENT :)
fboleto
Send a message

Post by rodolfopaiz
AndyPoms wrote:I think it would be better to be able to select the types of fuel that a station offers in the editor. This would allow us to be able to add CNG to Gas Stations that offer it as well as places that offer EV Charging Stations.
While that's a good and reasonable idea, I do think it applies only to "gas stations" as currently exist already. EV charging stations are usually a whole different animal, very infrequently associated with other fuel types, and often colocated with other businesses.

I think it's best to modify "gas stations" as you suggest, but also to add an "EV charging station" landmark type. Eventually we'll need to know what kind of connector and power each charging station can supply, as well as the cost and associated network (if any), so adding the "EV charging station" type now will allow it to be improved later on in ways which are necessary, but not directly compatible with the "gas station" type.

For now, how do we describe an EV charging station when creating one in WME?
rodolfopaiz
Send a message
--
Rodolfo Paiz

Post by rodolfopaiz
I tried to log into Bugzilla, but there seems to be no way for me to create a new user... is it limited-access to only certain people?
rodolfopaiz
Send a message
--
Rodolfo Paiz