Post by slashhawk
Let's get this winter road condition under the Feature Requests forum so we all can get an answer for this great idea!
slashhawk
Send a message

Post by Spil
kheops74-gmail wrote:svx-biker, you're so right. Yesterday it happens to me. I'm sure the road was great in Summer but it was close for Winter. I reported it as an error but it was not an error just a fact for a Northern Country.

BTW, You can add Québec to your list.
We have several such roads south of you in upstate New York also. What I would recommend (as I do down here) is to set these roads to "Dirt Road / 4x4 Trail" type. That way, they're there for those who dare (and are equipped) to use them, but routing won't prefer them over other roads, and won't use them at all (unless absolutely necessary) for those who have the "avoid dirt roads" setting turned on.

Once summer returns for its glorious month or two ;), you can set them back to normal "Street" type if you deem it worthy ... but for the most part (at least around here), there's no point in doing so.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by svx-biker
Also think about complete road closure during winter. This especially applies to streets in (high) mountain areas of Switzerland, Italy, France and Austria.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message